Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Coilover problems...

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2013, 11:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Dallas J
We've run 8k/10k and 10k/10k on my buddies car that I setup with ohlins and they ride just as good as my winter bilstein/gtworx setup. Ride quality is all about the shocks.

You're 10k/12k setup is a good place to start with street tires or smaller dot slicks but you'll see a fair amount of front dive/inside rear pickup.
After talking with the previous owner, I have discovered that they are 12k on ALL CORNERS.

I am glad to hear about the 8k/10k riding like stock bilstein's though. I have a local friend that is considering the same rates for his car.

I think for now I will probably end up just sending the fronts to have rebuilt and run them in autox for the season and just get used to the car. Maybe over the winter I can pick up a set of ohlins.

What setups do the SM guys run? That is what the car will be doing most of the year is autox so that's what I have it setup for. Just did a fresh alignment on it and here is what I came up with.

6 mm total toe out on the front
0 toe on the rear
-2.5 degrees of camber on the front
-1.1 degrees on the rear
rear sway bar is set to full stiff

With the wheels that I'm running, the car was pretty high in the back and it still scrubs a little on the road course according to PO, but I lowered it a "turn" on the back anyway so I wouldn't have to run the front up so high.

With having the the extra clutch plates in the rear diff, I am wondering if the rear sway bar needs to be turned down a notch or two. I only did one autocross last year and the car drove almost like a RWD, but was fairly controled with throttle management.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. I am not a noob to autocross, but I am a noob to AWD cars!

-Vincent