Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Toyo Proxes

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19, 2002, 02:34 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Toyo Proxes

Ok, I finally got to test my new tires at the Ring yesterday and after 4 laps I have to say that they are holding up well and grip wise they are in the same league as the P-Zeros, I'm not joking. I don't know if they grip more or less, they just grip differently. One factor which I should mention is that I run higher tire pressure than with the P-Zeros. 2.4 front and 2.2 rear. Yesterday it was very hot for the Ring at 28 degrees and the tires had constant grip as soon as they got hot. Also the abrasion of the tires was very contant, meaning that the whole tire showed marks and not only the edges. This might mean that they won't last as long as the P-Zeros, but it was very hot yesterday. I'll write what happens with them when it's cooler.
Old Aug 19, 2002, 08:31 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Toyo Proxes are excellent. They will last you a long time for the amount of grip they offer you. I have raced on them for 4 years. amazingly we have hung well with car on slicks. Even the Toyo engineers are amazed at the performances we have had with these tires!

ROAD/RACE
http://www.roadracemotorsports.com/
Old Aug 16, 2003, 07:17 PM
Evolved Member

http://www.toyo.com/tires/tire_lines/high_perf/t1s.html

Local response seems to indicate that this is a very good choice to replace the stock ADVANS. Anyone else here have them on their Evo?
Old Aug 16, 2003, 08:47 PM
Evolving Member

Hey Michaelk,
what kind of lap times do u get at the Ring in the Evo?
Old Aug 16, 2003, 08:54 PM
Evolved Member

how do these tires hold in the wet? what about snow?

i'm planning on making my stock wheels into my fall/winter wheels, and want to get a tire that'll do very well in both fall weather and chicago winter..

for the record, i'm getting a second set of wheels/tires (18in volk LE37T's with some really grippy tires) for next spring/summer..
Old Aug 18, 2003, 09:19 PM
Evolving Member

They hold very well in the snow and rain. I have a set on my 3000GT so even with only front wheel drive they offer enough grip to keep you safe. About half way through they can get a little squimish on the snow but I can get only about 15,000 miles on them and their done. I have a really bad suspension so they ride on edge. It's my beater. so most likely you wont have to worry about that until next spring depending on how much you drive.
Old Aug 18, 2003, 10:22 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Ok ok heres my question though with the T1s's...
I recently had a set on my subie and they were great but... should I run with the stock 235 or should i go with 225 and shed 3lbs of rotating mass...???

235 = 23.9lbs
225 = 20.9lbs

Is that worth the grip????