Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Nt03, spacers and alignment ?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28, 2017, 10:13 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Nt03, spacers and alignment ?

Got a set 18x9.5 +27

my question is, do I need spacers in the rear? I have 4 15mm bolt on spacers... and know I only need them to clear the front caliper. Is it better or ideal to run spacers on all 4 corners?

alignment question... currently will have 245/40 but want to run 265/35, any recommended alignment specs for this?

thanks in advance
Old Jul 3, 2017, 07:28 PM
Evolved Member

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
I just installed the same wheels last week, and today finished modifications that were needed to stop things from rubbing.

You need a 10mm spacer in the front, and none in the rear. You wouldn't want one in the rear anyways since the +27 offset is enough of a pain as it is to fit, nevermind making things even more difficult with a spacer.

I happen to also have 245/40 on there now, with plans to go to 265/35 when I replace the current tires that came with the wheels. With them being taller than stock, they'll rub near the sideskirt when nearing full steering lock, so you'll need a bit of massaging in that area to be able to achieve full steering lock. I also did a DIY evodave front fender mod to space the fender out a little bit more, mostly for the 265s I'll be running in the future.

For the rear, the bumper bolt needs to be relocated and the splash guard behind the tire needs to be trimmed (see attached picture of where it rubbed before I trimmed it).

I track the car a decent amount, so my alignment is with that in mind; -3° camber in the front, and -2° camber in the rear, with 0 toe all around. Depending on how much you had the fender rolled/pulled, you could be okay with -1 or -1.5 in the rear. I'm not sure how little camber you can get away with in the front, but aside from my alignment having trackdays in mind, the top of the tire stuck out too much from the front fender for my liking with -2 camber (this was before I did the DIY front fender mod).
Attached Thumbnails Nt03, spacers and alignment ?-received_10211444400563968.jpeg  
Old Jul 5, 2017, 06:51 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Raptord
I just installed the same wheels last week, and today finished modifications that were needed to stop things from rubbing.

You need a 10mm spacer in the front, and none in the rear. You wouldn't want one in the rear anyways since the +27 offset is enough of a pain as it is to fit, nevermind making things even more difficult with a spacer.

I happen to also have 245/40 on there now, with plans to go to 265/35 when I replace the current tires that came with the wheels. With them being taller than stock, they'll rub near the sideskirt when nearing full steering lock, so you'll need a bit of massaging in that area to be able to achieve full steering lock. I also did a DIY evodave front fender mod to space the fender out a little bit more, mostly for the 265s I'll be running in the future.

For the rear, the bumper bolt needs to be relocated and the splash guard behind the tire needs to be trimmed (see attached picture of where it rubbed before I trimmed it).

I track the car a decent amount, so my alignment is with that in mind; -3° camber in the front, and -2° camber in the rear, with 0 toe all around. Depending on how much you had the fender rolled/pulled, you could be okay with -1 or -1.5 in the rear. I'm not sure how little camber you can get away with in the front, but aside from my alignment having trackdays in mind, the top of the tire stuck out too much from the front fender for my liking with -2 camber (this was before I did the DIY front fender mod).

Thanks for the reply! Awd won't be affected not running same mm in the rear? Yea I need to trim some sideskirt right now as well. I also plan to relocate bolt but I'll just wait till when I'm closer to buying tires. Fenders front and rear are untouched. Will also roll rears before tires are put on. Oh I do not track the car just spirited driving) it's my Daily)
Old Jul 6, 2017, 03:13 PM
Evolved Member

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
Different offsets isn't a problem for the center diff, it's having different tire dimensions that's discouraged.