Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

StopTech Brakes Review

Search this Thread

Old Oct 16, 2018, 09:32 PM
Evolving Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
StopTech Brakes Review

Finally got around to buying the rear kit to match the front StopTech kit I bought in 2012 (wow time flys!)

Love the fit and finish of the kits, not one problem with the front kit after more than 80k miles (this is my daily/commuter car) The paint on my front kit still looks brand new, no fading or blistering like the OEM Brembos. Installation is a snap, I did have to grind the caliper mounting tabs as mentioned in the installation instructions, nothing significant, basically cleaning up the casting flash.

I’ve got the Sport pads on front/rear and they work well for street duty, initial bite is a bit on the lazy side, but once they heat up just a tad, oh-boy LOTS of stopping power. The one gripe I do have with the Sport pads is lots of brake dust, I am thinking about trying the Street pads just to see if it gets any better.

Front/Rear Bias and Modulation is right on with no unexpected drama. It takes a lot of abuse to get them hot enough to fade – Yes I can overheat them, but they are head and shoulders better than the Brembos. Overall I give this StopTech setup a thumbs up.

What I bought:
Front Kit: 83.622.6700.71 (355 Rotors and ST-60 Calipers)
Rear Kit: 83.622.0043.71 (328 Rotors and ST-40 Calipers)

Hope this helps anyone looking at the StopTech kits.

John-

The following 2 users liked this post by JohnnyTSi:
SoSoEVO (Dec 17, 2018), Steveevo9 (Nov 22, 2018)
Old Oct 17, 2018, 07:28 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1,384 Likes on 1,317 Posts
Super nice setup. Looks great & as you noted, performs even better
Old Oct 17, 2018, 09:07 AM
Evolving Member

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
I want to say I also did the install this weekend for the front Sport pads and took the evo out for a little break in with the pads. I was coming from the Hawk 5.0s and I was really impressed with them. After a few runs with the Stoptech Sport pads I can say I like them too. I don't have the full break down on temp scale between both pads but after a recent inspection of the front pads ( pics below ) I noticed it was time to replace them. You can't beat the price of the Stoptech pads either. The Hawks were almost double the price. I won't know the wear life of the Stoptechs but I like the feel so far. For those of you needing help doing the pad install there is a great "How To or DIY" on the site which I used. I did not find the Copper Anti Seize most would recommend locally so I used the Permatex Extreme Brake Lube which claims to be Effective from -50°F to 3000°F (-46°C to 1649°C). After the install and some bedding I did not have any unpleasant noise or squeal so many people speak of after doing the brakes.

Old Dec 17, 2018, 10:36 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 160 Likes on 117 Posts
Do both the front/ rear kits fit under the factory 17" wheels?
Old Dec 17, 2018, 10:44 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1,384 Likes on 1,317 Posts
Originally Posted by SoSoEVO
Do both the front/ rear kits fit under the factory 17" wheels?

Hey Soso

No, 18's are required. Here are the details from MAP if interested

https://www.maperformance.com/produc...83-622-6700-71