Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

ABS Codes *Help*

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10, 2019, 08:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ABS Codes *Help*

Hey everyone. My 9 is spitting out these codes when I scan It. Note: I recently installed a rebuilt transmission.

11 - FR Open/Short
81 - ST-1 Open/Short
82 - St-2 Open/Short
83 - ST-N Open/Short

I'm trying to figure out what they mean. And how can I approach them to troubleshoot them. Thanks for the help!
Old Jul 11, 2019, 01:13 PM
Evolved Member

Received 144 Likes on 128 Posts
I suggest checking under the fenders, especially the transmission side, for a broken wire to a wheel speed sensor.
Old Jul 11, 2019, 04:00 PM
kaj
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 813 Likes on 678 Posts
Start at the sensors and work your way up. the knuckle gets moved around quite a bit, so maybe something got bumped or broken? I assume "short" means it's a wiring issue.
Old Jul 21, 2019, 09:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey everyone I wanted to let everyone know I solved this issue. It ended up being a blown relay fuse under the dash. When I installed my Boost Gauge and my AFR gauge I installed pigtails on the radio fuse and a fuse marked as the "Relay" fuse. When I took my car out for a test drive I noticed the Climate Control wasn't working. So I pulled the driver side kick panel off and discovered a 7.5 amp fuse blown on the Pig Tail. I repIaced the fuse and now all lights are cleared and the ACD is functioning again. I hope this helps someone else in the future because it was really frustrating. Hopefully tomorrow I can have the ACD bled and I can have the car back.