Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

My Steering Was SHaking at 140mph

Search this Thread

Old May 9, 2004, 11:30 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Steering Was SHaking at 140mph

I was driving to Cooksville Mitsu Meet yesterday and I saw this riced out Civic blow by me so I pulled down to 4th and then up to 5th. There I am at 140 instantly but my steering wheel was shaking like hell. I already got a tire balance and alignment.

However, I have just installed the Tein S-Techs. In the driver's side front, the spring was installed upside down. I thought it didnt matter since they look the same top and bottom anyway. All the rest of the three springs are installed with the Tein logo in the correct position. Could this be affecting my driving? I have gone over 150 when I was stock wheels and suspension and the wheel wont shake a bit.
Old May 9, 2004, 11:35 AM
Evolved Member

ok two things. Slow down and if its installed wrong of course it will affect the handling of the car especially since one side is installed right and the other isnt.
Old May 9, 2004, 11:41 AM
Evolved Member

i forgot where I searched last time for the best alignment specs. I cant find it anymore. Does anyone what should be the best alignment settings besides factory?>
Old May 9, 2004, 11:42 AM
Evolved Member

Ive driven to 140mph and my car was so smooth and stable. Ive had tein s tech springs also and installed them right. You should try to install your driver side just like the rest. If that didnt fix the problem, you should check your rotor. It may be warped.
Old May 9, 2004, 11:54 AM
Evolved Member

i checked all my rotors. They are just as smooth as any new ones. Lemme reinstall the springs and realign it....damn this is a pain!