Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Strut bars, materials?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 30, 2001, 04:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Strut bars, materials?

Guys,

Strut bars, I know Cusco has some good looking carbon ones. But what about the metal or the aluminum ones. I've heard they might bend? The local rally guy wants to sell me the carbon on of course. I don't think you can bend those strut bars except when doing rally sessions?

Which one gives you the best stiffness, the 2 o 3 contact points?

Jan.
Old Nov 30, 2001, 04:57 AM
Evolving Member

I think that any strut bar will resist as they are made for rally, they will not bend they can just flex.

The cheapest are the sparco or omp metal ones, if you don't want to spend a lot of money on them they will be ok.
I have the sparco adjustable front and the omp rear.

The cusco carbon ones are really nice if you want to have the lightest ,good quality ones go for these!

If you really want to improve rigidity also go for the two cusco lower strut braces.
Old Nov 30, 2001, 05:19 AM
Evolved Member

The strut bars are supposed to flex a bit, it just depends how much. How much do they want to sell you the Cusco one's for? In Japan they're about 14,000 Yen, I think. Personally I think it's just a matter of looks, as I don't think the strut bars in the WRC cars are carbon.