EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-tires-wheels-brakes-suspension-23/)
-   -   Suspension problem, please help, thanks (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-tires-wheels-brakes-suspension/437496-suspension-problem-please-help-thanks.html)

Bergen Automotive Aug 1, 2009 04:27 AM

Suspension problem, please help, thanks

Well, here is the problem, when driving if I hit any bump on the drivers side of the car it feels like the shock is not working, it's almost like metal or the body of the car is taking the impact rather than the suspension, it's the sane sound u probably hear I'd u slammed ur car in a pot hole but it happens on any bump, the car is a ix mr on tein springs and the stock bilstien shocks, any ideas?? Thanks

Psquared Aug 1, 2009 05:04 AM

How long have you had the tein springs on the bilsteins? Someone help me out...but I dont know if they were meant to work well with the bilsteins bc of the amount of drop. It sounds to me that you are correct though, and 1 or both of your driver side shocks are blown out and you are hitting the bump stops when hitting bumps.

Bergen Automotive Aug 1, 2009 05:12 AM

Mitsu is changing my brembos on Monday, so they gonna look at it, I think if the shock was blown the hits might be worse but I'm not sure, I'm hoping someone on here has had this happen and knows exactly wat it is

Smike Aug 1, 2009 05:58 AM

And another Tein failure. Your strut is blown, the Teins are too low and too soft. The Bilsteins can be revalved, but that will take a month to turn around.

Get better springs and at least 2 new front struts.

Bergen Automotive Aug 1, 2009 06:15 AM

^ crap, that's what I was hoping would not be the case, I'm sure mitsu won't cover those since the car is lowered unless I'm lucky. Might as well just get coilovers now, any brand u recommend for daily driving and a good ride height

GTWORX.com Aug 1, 2009 08:09 AM

Originally Posted by egydude15 (Post 7346047)
Well, here is the problem, when driving if I hit any bump on the drivers side of the car it feels like the shock is not working, it's almost like metal or the body of the car is taking the impact rather than the suspension, it's the sane sound u probably hear I'd u slammed ur car in a pot hole but it happens on any bump, the car is a ix mr on tein springs and the stock bilstien shocks, any ideas?? Thanks

It sounds like the shock isn't working because it isn't working. This is what happens when you have almost 0 bump travel from lowering too much!

My advice...remember if you cheap out on "style" coilovers, it's only a small step up from the "style" springs you just had.

I personally would send the Bilsteins you have to Bilstein USA and have them revalved for Swift Spec R's. That's an awesome set-up that is headache free. :)

- Andrew

Smike Aug 1, 2009 09:06 AM

Originally Posted by GTWORX.com (Post 7346321)
I personally would send the Bilsteins you have to Bilstein USA and have them revalved for Swift Spec R's. That's an awesome set-up that is headache free. :)

- Andrew

This. I would get a used set of front KYBs, a set of Swift SpecRs and send in the Bilsteins for revalving.

It will handle better than those "style" coilovers.

Jp7 Aug 1, 2009 09:13 AM

Why don't you just get a set of adjustable coilovers? I have the megan streets, and they were only 850$ or something. Had mine for 2 years and I like them, they are somewhat stiff unless you go on the softest setting though.

Bergen Automotive Aug 1, 2009 04:22 PM

ok, people, *I* did not pyt STYLE springs or any of that stuff on the car, the previous owner put those on and thats how i bought the car, i will be getting 2 new front shocks and the springs you guys are talking about, but do any of you have a pic of those on the car (swift spec R's). and how much do these springs lower the car? thanks

Bergen Automotive Aug 1, 2009 04:30 PM

does any vendor sell the stock bilstein shocks?

Bergen Automotive Aug 1, 2009 04:38 PM

are the megan racing coilovers just a better bet? or keep the bilsteins with swift springs?

funks Aug 1, 2009 10:53 PM

Originally Posted by egydude15 (Post 7347366)
does any vendor sell the stock bilstein shocks?

They've been out of stock for a while, just get a used set from the forums and get your old ones revalved as a spare..

Oh yeah, get in on the GTWORX springs group buy..

Smike Aug 2, 2009 03:39 AM

Originally Posted by egydude15 (Post 7347347)
ok, people, *I* did not pyt STYLE springs or any of that stuff on the car, the previous owner put those on and thats how i bought the car, i will be getting 2 new front shocks and the springs you guys are talking about, but do any of you have a pic of those on the car (swift spec R's). and how much do these springs lower the car? thanks

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...-reviewed.html

Bergen Automotive Aug 2, 2009 09:44 AM

^ thanks