EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Evo Vendor 'Group Buy / Specials' Classifieds (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-vendor-group-buy-specials-classifieds-37/)
-   -   Carbon Fiber Seat Inserts (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-vendor-group-buy-specials-classifieds/532860-carbon-fiber-seat-inserts.html)

th3whitestar Jan 5, 2011 08:52 PM

Carbon Fiber Seat Inserts

Does anyone know where i can buy carbon fiber inserts for the stock recaro seats?

XstormtrooperX Jan 6, 2011 07:25 AM

For the harness loops? I was wondering this the first time I saw the seats.

th3whitestar Jan 6, 2011 10:01 AM

Yeh for the harness loops. I can't stand the oem plastic things.

Kheovnien Jan 6, 2011 10:35 AM

if there's enough interest i'm sure rexspeed would consider designing these.

Gunther45 Jan 13, 2011 03:00 PM

Well I hope REXPEED is reading this, becuase I would definitely buy these, I can't stand the fake carbon in the evo and the seat harness slots really look cheap on the Recaro's.

Does anyone know if they are real CF on the leather seats? They still look fake in the images I see of the FQ-400 seats although the seats look awesome, but it looks like the shift boot is actually leather in the images rather than the crappy fake leather boot. Just wondering because I know different markets get different ( better ) features.

PS Mod's PLEASE move this to General Forums or somewhere other than HOW-TO's

pcload1etter Jan 15, 2011 06:00 AM

medic1690 Jan 15, 2011 09:34 AM

Visit compositeenvisions.com and buy a CF wrapping kit and wrap em yourself. They have good prices and all kinds of colors for resins and fabric. That's my plan whenever I can find the time to do it. They're easy to take out and shouldn't be too hard to wrap em.

disturbedfan121 Jan 15, 2011 02:04 PM

i'd be interested, the fake carbon on those is worse than the fake carbon on the dash

th3whitestar Jan 15, 2011 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by medic1690 (Post 8991437)
Visit compositeenvisions.com and buy a CF wrapping kit and wrap em yourself. They have good prices and all kinds of colors for resins and fabric. That's my plan whenever I can find the time to do it. They're easy to take out and shouldn't be too hard to wrap em.

I've tried wrapping them already and the outer parts turned out ok but the insides of the loops are hard to get at. It's better than the plastic fake carbon look tho.

popdakebin Jan 15, 2011 04:04 PM

Originally Posted by th3whitestar (Post 8992050)
I've tried wrapping them already and the outer parts turned out ok but the insides of the loops are hard to get at. It's better than the plastic fake carbon look tho.

pictures!?

Gunther45 Jan 16, 2011 06:08 AM

Ive posted on the M.R. Carbon Post and requested they make them.
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=528942

So hopefully they will get made as there seem to be enough of a demand.

pcload1etter Jan 16, 2011 12:04 PM

th3whitestar Jan 16, 2011 12:26 PM

Pictures will be posted in about a week. Sorry for the delay but my car and I are on opposite ends of the country rite now. =[

mystotic-racing Jan 16, 2011 03:42 PM

if some can take a pic of them off the seats i can tell you if we can get them made.

If we can get them made i will need to buy someones to get it molded.

please email me or pm pics thanks guys

medic1690 Jan 16, 2011 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by mystotic-racing (Post 8994138)
if some can take a pic of them off the seats i can tell you if we can get them made.

If we can get them made i will need to buy someones to get it molded.

please email me or pm pics thanks guys

If you do make em, post it somewhere obvious! Wanna get rid of the ugly stock ones and would definitely pay for some if it means not having to wrap em myself. I'm sure i'm not the only one.