Notices
Evo X Dyno Results Discuss vendor and member dyno tuning techniques, results and graphs.

E-Spec - Erkle Tune - 2011 GSR

Search this Thread

Old Dec 22, 2012, 04:07 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
E-Spec - Erkle Tune - 2011 GSR

After hunting down some recommendations for a top notch east coast tuner, Erkle at E-Spec is a top tier option. I am very pleased with the results. A night and day difference from stock!

'11 GSR - 93 octane
Power mods:
ETS TBE
ETS DP/Open Dump
ETS Test Pipe
Works Drop in Air Filter
GFB Response BOV

Note: Dyno dynamics read lower than dyno jets. 12% lower peak power? <--- link to discussion thread.

Last edited by Illumin8; Dec 23, 2012 at 07:58 AM.
Old Dec 22, 2012, 11:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Illumin8
After hunting down some recommendations for a top notch east coast tuner, Erkle at E-Spec is a top tier option. I am very pleased with the results. A night and day difference from stock!

'11 GSR - 93 octane
Power mods:
ETS TBE
ETS DP/Open Dump
ETS Test Pipe
Works Drop in Air Filter
GFB Response BOV

Note: Dyno dynamics read lower than dyno jets. 12% lower peak power?

I chuckled a little bit on the "note" description ..I have personally since on occasions a dyno jet read lower than a dyno dynamics dyno..lol..good numbers none the less

Last edited by Noob Sauce; Dec 23, 2012 at 12:03 AM.
Old Dec 23, 2012, 08:11 AM

Originally Posted by Noob Sauce
I chuckled a little bit on the "note" description ..I have personally since on occasions a dyno jet read lower than a dyno dynamics dyno..lol..good numbers none the less
Ok.... The dynamics used to tune mine reads lower than a dyno jet, a fact known by the shop. It's a note worthy detail to point out for people researching power potentials. Perhaps you can share your observations at "this" discussion thread and contribute some insightful progressive information to the discussion. Thanks.
Old Dec 23, 2012, 08:41 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Not bad considering you just have a Works drop-in. Why was the run started at 3500rpm though?

You're not to far from us, I invite you to come put your car on our DynoJet for free one weekend so we can have a direct comparison. I believe my DynoJet to read somewhat low basing it off what customers have told me coming from other shops with Dyno Dynamics, Mustang Dyno's, and even other DynoJets. Let me know if you're interested.

~Chris@MooreAutomotive
Tuner/Master Technician
Old Dec 23, 2012, 09:11 AM

Originally Posted by Moore Auto
Not bad considering you just have a Works drop-in
The TBE must be contributing also...

Why was the run started at 3500rpm though?
????? I can't tell you directly.

You're not to far from us, I invite you to come put your car on our DynoJet for free one weekend so we can have a direct comparison. I believe my DynoJet to read somewhat low basing it off what customers have told me coming from other shops with Dyno Dynamics, Mustang Dyno's, and even other DynoJets. Let me know if you're interested.

~Chris@MooreAutomotive
Tuner/Master Technician
Sounds great. I'd like to see the comparison. Thank you for the kind offer.
Old Dec 23, 2012, 09:38 AM

Ok.... The dynamics used to tune mine reads lower than a dyno jet, a fact known by the shop. It's a note worthy detail to point out for people researching power potentials. Perhaps you can share your observations at "this" discussion thread and contribute some insightful progressive information to the discussion. Thanks.
There are multiple post on what people can expect with certain mods, no need to emphasize the "READS LOWER " than a dynojet or antithetical style of dyno. Dyno numbers are just that...NUMBERS..to me where it matters the most is at the track.. because it will sound ridiculous to ask "hey what did your dyno sheet numbers run"?

Ps- it would take Moore's change for **** and giggles
Old Dec 23, 2012, 10:19 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
The TBE must be contributing also...

????? I can't tell you directly.

Sounds great. I'd like to see the comparison. Thank you for the kind offer.
Yeah, obviously the TBE is helping make power, lol. I meant in contrast to most people having a full intake (which I know for a fact will free up some more power over the stock airbox with a drop-in).

I was just wondering about the start rpm, I usually start around 2000 to get the full operating range since the stock turbo spools by 3000.

Like I said, just let me know if/when you want to come down.

~Chris@Moore Automotive
Tuner/Master Technician
Old Dec 23, 2012, 10:20 AM

There are multiple post on what people can expect with certain mods, no need to emphasize the "READS LOWER " than a dynojet or antithetical style of dyno. Dyno numbers are just that...NUMBERS..to me where it matters the most is at the track.. because it will sound ridiculous to ask "hey what did your dyno sheet numbers run"?

Ps- it would take Moore's change for **** and giggles
My post further adds credible information to the already existing database of expectations from certain mods. The more credible data within the community the better it is for the community and for those that want to research their project builds. This is a undisputable fact. Second there are infinite combinations of parts and so there can never be to much data or posts that define to many variables. What actually takes away and adds confusion is posts like yours that talk of observations without contributing any statistical, factual, controlled data to your observations. You added nothing of substance besides some comment about a observation. This makes for no forward progress in potential build awareness.

Last edited by Illumin8; Dec 23, 2012 at 10:24 AM.
Old Dec 23, 2012, 12:51 PM

My post further adds credible information to the already existing database of expectations from certain mods. The more credible data within the community the better it is for the community and for those that want to research their project builds. This is a undisputable fact. Second there are infinite combinations of parts and so there can never be to much data or posts that define to many variables. What actually takes away and adds confusion is posts like yours that talk of observations without contributing any statistical, factual, controlled data to your observations. You added nothing of substance besides some comment about a observation. This makes for no forward progress in potential build awareness.
So did you NOT see the test performed on dynos by a magazine that was link to that thread?
To me the 12% more theory is a bandage to what you put down ..Moore is giving you a free comparison, will you take it ?
Old Dec 23, 2012, 01:35 PM

So did you NOT see the test performed on dynos by a magazine that was link to that thread?
I sure did.

Moore is giving you a free comparison, will you take it ?
Yes. I'm interested to see the comparison.
Old Dec 23, 2012, 01:43 PM

Yeah, obviously the TBE is helping make power, lol. I meant in contrast to most people having a full intake (which I know for a fact will free up some more power over the stock airbox with a drop-in).
Actually Erkle made the same observation, the car matched power that others put down with my mods + intake. I speculate it's the works + the open dump that make up for the lack of intake. I would like to be wrong though and have it come down to a stronger engine due to luck of the draw. I'm planning for the ETS intake.

Like I said, just let me know if/when you want to come down.
Pm sent.
Old Dec 24, 2012, 06:10 AM
Former Sponsor

We're happy that you are pleased with the car!!

I noticed you posted a link to another dynojet vs dd discussion thread. Our dyno reads 5-8% lower than other local dynojets in the area. 12% is a bit of a stretch.

Nonetheless, your car felt great and was a pleasure to work with.

Thanks for thinking of us as a part of your build!
Old Dec 26, 2012, 10:31 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 54 Likes on 43 Posts
Great Job!
Old Dec 26, 2012, 04:44 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by ETS Michael
Great Job!
More parts on order!!!
Old Dec 26, 2012, 07:59 PM
Evolved Member