Notices
Evo X Dyno Results Discuss vendor and member dyno tuning techniques, results and graphs.

Evo X MR Touring bolt-ons 327whp/ 331wtq

Search this Thread

Old May 17, 2019, 07:42 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by RuRu
Stored from those bitter winters out there? lol I'm at stage 3, pretty much I've ended up in line with your path outside of the bov and bigger turbo+engine parts (going to keep it under 400bhp). Your build is really good.
Now I'm looking for unsprung weight reduction; the MR already has two-piece rotors and getting Girodisc rings would only yield 3lbs in reduction. Did you actually lose more than 3lbs w/ getting the entire Girodisc 2pc set up?
As for shocks, I see folks wanting the MR Bilsteins a lot, did you reduce weight with getting the Ohlins over the stock Bilsteins?
Wheels... what weight are your wheels? I'm looking for anything in the sub 15lb range since the stock BBS's are 18.5-20lbs each. Thanks!
I did not weigh the Bilsteins, so I can't comment. I have not yet installed the Girodiscs, so I don't have the weight savings there, but 3lbs of rotating mass is a big deal. I am running Volk G25. I forget how light, but the are among the lighter Rays wheels. I toyed with an Aluminum or CF driveshaft, but can't seem to justify the cost. Put a rear tow hitch in from CBRD - it will save weight over the bumper support (7-10lbs IIRC) and you can now have a hidden hitch for bike rack, etc. The Kozmic front bumper support/ catch can is worth 2-4 lbs . Get a lighter exhaust. The Tanabe will be nice for you at <400hp, doesn't drone and is very light and 15-20lbs less than stock and less than what I have now.

Go to a litium polymer batter . My battery is 2.3lbs and about as big as my fist.

I'll sell you my girodisc setup with new pads for $1000 if you want it.... I got them slightly used, but they are in great shape. Bought them for race trim, but haven't raced the car yet.
The following users liked this post:
RuRu (May 23, 2019)
Old May 23, 2019, 02:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by galownia
I did not weigh the Bilsteins, so I can't comment. I have not yet installed the Girodiscs, so I don't have the weight savings there, but 3lbs of rotating mass is a big deal. I am running Volk G25. I forget how light, but the are among the lighter Rays wheels. I toyed with an Aluminum or CF driveshaft, but can't seem to justify the cost. Put a rear tow hitch in from CBRD - it will save weight over the bumper support (7-10lbs IIRC) and you can now have a hidden hitch for bike rack, etc. The Kozmic front bumper support/ catch can is worth 2-4 lbs . Get a lighter exhaust. The Tanabe will be nice for you at <400hp, doesn't drone and is very light and 15-20lbs less than stock and less than what I have now.

Go to a litium polymer batter . My battery is 2.3lbs and about as big as my fist.

I'll sell you my girodisc setup with new pads for $1000 if you want it.... I got them slightly used, but they are in great shape. Bought them for race trim, but haven't raced the car yet.
Hey thanks for getting back!
Awesome... def going to look at the volks g25 and girodiscs, I've heard a lot of how light those wheels are. Do you know anything about their te37 sl?
Unfortunately I went with all Cobb parts so my exhaust system is quite heavy (stainless steel, but has a great sound), I've stripped the hood outside of the subwoofer and got an odyssey pc925 battery for now, too paranoid about lithium batteries dying on me. Been thinking of even getting a spoiler installed to balance the weight closer to 50/50 since I've shaved about 60lbs from the rear. Unsprung weight is where it's at anyway.

Both front and back girodisc set up? What kind of pads are included?