Notices
Evo X Electrical / Audio / Security Discuss electrical and audio system upgrades or alarm configurations.

Greddy Infometer Touch

Search this Thread

Old Dec 14, 2009, 11:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
this is sweet!
Old Dec 15, 2009, 06:23 AM
Evolving Member

I would order one right now if it could do Wideband A/F
Old Dec 19, 2009, 09:09 AM

more pics
Old Dec 19, 2009, 11:46 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just got one and it's turning on and hooked everything right but nothings working What I'm I doing wrong?
Old Dec 22, 2009, 09:58 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I had this installed since I brought one back from Japan back in May. I recently hardwire the power supply from behind the cig power leads. It's easy to tap and route from there to the cable. Just make a Y cable and tap the lead. Here is a short video I made a while ago of it in action. And yes the ECU boost reads 22.3 psi max on this device but I'm sure the optional sensors can read beyond that. Also I heard from a person in the EvoXforums that he was able to wire his AEM UEGO into the Greddy Informeter via serial +-5v wire connection supplied on the Greddy Informeter cables. I'm planning to wire my AEM boost gauge and UEGO into the Greddy Informeter. Will update when I get it done.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2kmsw-2BDNo
Old Jan 6, 2010, 11:57 PM

Originally Posted by 808_EVO
Hey guys, after playing with it more I found that the boost output of the CAN interface is 22.3psi.... It's weird but it just pegs at 22.3psi. Luckily, I ordered the boost, oil pressure, and oil temp sensors too. I installed the boost sensor and it's reading great now. I just drove it around the block and noticed that it's showing boost peaks of 27psi. My tuning session showed 24.9psi logged via EVOScan and the mod23 patch. I'm going to continue to see if it's a difference between the ECU output and the vacuum sensor OR, if it's the drastic difference in temps between when I got tuned (90+ degrees) and today's temperature of 70 degrees while taking it for a test drive post-install. The oil sensors I'm going to install later at my next oil change (Bought the sandwich adapter). I'll try and get some pics tomorrow while the sun's out so stay tuned!
Did you try changing the maximum scale for boost in the informeter?
Old Jan 7, 2010, 12:00 AM

Originally Posted by raytrix
I had this installed since I brought one back from Japan back in May. I recently hardwire the power supply from behind the cig power leads. It's easy to tap and route from there to the cable. Just make a Y cable and tap the lead. Here is a short video I made a while ago of it in action. And yes the ECU boost reads 22.3 psi max on this device but I'm sure the optional sensors can read beyond that. Also I heard from a person in the EvoXforums that he was able to wire his AEM UEGO into the Greddy Informeter via serial +-5v wire connection supplied on the Greddy Informeter cables. I'm planning to wire my AEM boost gauge and UEGO into the Greddy Informeter. Will update when I get it done.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2kmsw-2BDNo
Even after changing the max scale of the boost in the informeter, does it still read 22.3 psi max? Someone needs to confirm this before i invest on a boost sensor adapter & sensor.
Old Jan 7, 2010, 08:22 AM
Evolved Member

If you are reading of CAN you will not get above 22 PSI period, at least I can say that for USDM vehicles.
Old Jan 7, 2010, 08:29 AM

Infometer boost sensor adapter

sic was also saying the same thing about this & he's using jdm from the looks of it i have to get the sensor adapter & external boost sensor for the infometer.
Old Jan 12, 2010, 04:40 PM
Evolving Member

im guessing in order to have this thing working good it would be like installing a air/fuel, boost gauge, and a rpm warning or what?
Old Jan 12, 2010, 04:58 PM
Evolved Member

what do you mean working good. If you install it right out the box you just hook it up to your OBD2 port under the dash and call it a day.

If you add additional sensors then it would be like installing independent gauges.
Old Jan 14, 2010, 11:37 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by rogue
what do you mean working good. If you install it right out the box you just hook it up to your OBD2 port under the dash and call it a day.

If you add additional sensors then it would be like installing independent gauges.
so let just get this straight, everything like the rpm waning and what not will work as long as its plugged into the ecu thing under the steering wheel?
Old Jan 15, 2010, 10:20 AM
Evolved Member

Under the dash... _ OBDII port.. every car in the us made after 1996 has one.
Old Jan 21, 2010, 02:00 PM

I acquired this week Greddy Informeter Touch.
Everything works but I have a problem, there is a delay between the motor rpm for example and the rpm shown on the greddy.

Is there a solution or not?

Thank you very much from switzerland.
Old Jan 21, 2010, 03:49 PM

Anyone got pics of it installed in their car. I really like this but I have no idea where I would put it.

Quick Reply: Greddy Infometer Touch