Notices
Evo X Electrical / Audio / Security Discuss electrical and audio system upgrades or alarm configurations.

Wiring diagram for factory fogs

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16, 2011, 11:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wiring diagram for factory fogs

While I had my EVO in my buddy's shop to finish welding the exhaust flanges (long story)... I hooked up a multi-meter to the factory DRL's, and unlike I read in another thread, these run @ regular voltage (12-14 VDC). Previous owner did the fog delete, and I want to run some ridiculous amber LEDs in the DRL locations to use as fogs. Now that I know the operating voltage is normal, I figure I am just going to use the factory wiring from the fuse block. But I also thought that to save myself from putting in ANOTHER switch that isn't supposed to there, I would use the factory fog turn on. So, if anyone here could hook me up with a diagram to the factory fogs it would be greatly appreciated... If anyone is interested, after I figure a way to use the factory fog switch and rewire to the DRL relay with no CEL's. I can build a "how to"
Old Jan 17, 2011, 10:55 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wiring diagram for factory fogs-c8nzm.png

Wiring diagram for factory fogs-nvxgg.png
Old Jan 17, 2011, 01:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
looks good... anything from the colummn switch to the fuse box??? looks like I'll just be able to take the output from the relay and jumper over to the output of the DRL relay (with it and the fuse pulled) but incase that doesnt work (CEL or something) would like to have the switch panel also...

Thanx