Notices
Evo X Electrical / Audio / Security Discuss electrical and audio system upgrades or alarm configurations.

2012 GSR, DDX9702S, and Metra 70-7005....please help

Search this Thread

Old Feb 15, 2016, 05:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 GSR, DDX9702S, and Metra 70-7005....please help

Hello, all...

First off, I have a 2012 GSR, non-sss...and I know nothing about stereo installation.

I recently purchased the Kenwood DDX9702s:
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/kenwood-...&skuId=6874115

It came with a dash kit, and this wiring harness (70-7005)
Amazon.com: Metra 70-7005 Radio Wiring Harness for 07 Mitsubishi: Car Electronics Amazon.com: Metra 70-7005 Radio Wiring Harness for 07 Mitsubishi: Car Electronics

My question is, I went through and matched every color wire from the Metra harness to the Kenwood harness and I am getting no power to the unit at all.

I've checked all the fuses, if you plug the stock back in, it works fine, and if you straight wire the Kenwood to a power source, it works fine. What am I missing? I was told by one person that I need one of the Mito interfaces but after looking more in to it, those are only used with the RF systems. So, seeing as how mine is a non-rf system, I am at a loss.

Any information that can be given would be greatly appreciated!
Old Feb 15, 2016, 05:45 AM

Mandatory dyno sheet post, since no one has really seen it

2012 GSR, DDX9702S, and Metra 70-7005....please help-6c4qlk8.jpg
Old Feb 15, 2016, 09:35 AM
Doe

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by akaOtherWise
Hello, all...

First off, I have a 2012 GSR, non-sss...and I know nothing about stereo installation.

I recently purchased the Kenwood DDX9702s:
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/kenwood-...&skuId=6874115

It came with a dash kit, and this wiring harness (70-7005)
Amazon.com: Metra 70-7005 Radio Wiring Harness for 07 Mitsubishi: Car Electronics

My question is, I went through and matched every color wire from the Metra harness to the Kenwood harness and I am getting no power to the unit at all.

I've checked all the fuses, if you plug the stock back in, it works fine, and if you straight wire the Kenwood to a power source, it works fine. What am I missing? I was told by one person that I need one of the Mito interfaces but after looking more in to it, those are only used with the RF systems. So, seeing as how mine is a non-rf system, I am at a loss.

Any information that can be given would be greatly appreciated!

You might have connected something that is not suppose to be connected . The main radio connections on the aftermarket harness are the speakers ( violet /violet black, green /green black , gray / gray black , white / white black ) , yellow ( constant power ) , red ( acc ) and black ( ground )
Old Feb 16, 2016, 09:30 AM

The constant was not getting constant. Using a test light, the only wire showing a constant was the green wiring coming from the harness going to the hazard plug
Old Feb 16, 2016, 06:35 PM
Doe

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by akaOtherWise
The constant was not getting constant. Using a test light, the only wire showing a constant was the green wiring coming from the harness going to the hazard plug
Take a clean pictures of your wiring harness and the wiring diagram of your Kenwood and Metra harness.and post it. If I don't respond soon. I'm pretty sure someone here will help you.

Imo. You might have blown the fuse for the constant power. I've done that numerous in my other previous vehicles.
Old Feb 17, 2016, 04:58 AM

Originally Posted by Doe
Take a clean pictures of your wiring harness and the wiring diagram of your Kenwood and Metra harness.and post it. If I don't respond soon. I'm pretty sure someone here will help you.

Imo. You might have blown the fuse for the constant power. I've done that numerous in my other previous vehicles.
I checked all the fuses and they all look fine. I just ran it to a constant and was done with it. Thank you for your help, though!