Notices
Evo X Electrical / Audio / Security Discuss electrical and audio system upgrades or alarm configurations.

Halogen Headlights converting to Projector

Search this Thread

Old Jul 4, 2016, 10:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Halogen Headlights converting to Projector

I have a 2014 Evo X GSR with halogen headlights, planning to switch to projector headlights like the one on the EVO MR. I don't have DRL on my car, is there going to be an issue when I swap the headlights? Thanks
Old Jul 5, 2016, 04:04 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
No, not an issue at all. Just get the depo replicas and if you want even better light output than the oem (evo x mr hid) lights, then do a retro fit into either the stock oem (halogen) lights or into the depo replicas. I found it easier to use the stock oem housing (halogen) lights and buying morimoto projectors for a retro fit.

The following users liked this post:
Unknwn (Jul 5, 2016)
Old Jul 5, 2016, 04:37 PM

Originally Posted by JP3NS
No, not an issue at all. Just get the depo replicas and if you want even better light output than the oem (evo x mr hid) lights, then do a retro fit into either the stock oem (halogen) lights or into the depo replicas. I found it easier to use the stock oem housing (halogen) lights and buying morimoto projectors for a retro fit.

That looks good man. Yeah and to think spending too much money on the OEM projector of the MR. Do you know where can I find those headlights? I tried to look on ebay but it says It doesn't fit EVO. So I am not really sure. Thanks for the reply.
Old Aug 5, 2016, 05:01 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
well i just change my headlights too from non sss to Oem Hid sss.. i was gonna go w/ depo but i i end up getting a good deal for a OEM hid SSS projector for the same price for the depo.. i did get the headlight flickering issues and for oem hid ballast you have to do the 07outty method where you have to do the wiring and draw the power from the parking light.. but if you have an aftermarket hid d2s ballast all you Have to do is just buy the jrox harness which is $70-90 and it will fix it... btw the jrox harness is not compatible w/ the oem ballast
Old Jan 26, 2019, 07:13 AM

Can you tell me more about that headlight swap plz

dm me i need your help to make the mr light work on my gsr
Originally Posted by gerikivan
well i just change my headlights too from non sss to Oem Hid sss.. i was gonna go w/ depo but i i end up getting a good deal for a OEM hid SSS projector for the same price for the depo.. i did get the headlight flickering issues and for oem hid ballast you have to do the 07outty method where you have to do the wiring and draw the power from the parking light.. but if you have an aftermarket hid d2s ballast all you Have to do is just buy the jrox harness which is $70-90 and it will fix it... btw the jrox harness is not compatible w/ the oem ballast