EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Evo X Electrical / Audio / Security (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-x-electrical-audio-security-262/)
-   -   Rockford system (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-x-electrical-audio-security/578973-rockford-system.html)

J.Sears Oct 12, 2011 06:18 PM

Rockford system

Hey I recently picked up a 2011 ww gsr with ssl and navi. I was highly unimpressed with the Rockford system. While I don't mind bass, I wouldn't call myself a basshead. Im more about clarity. Today I took my evo to an audio place and talked to the manager, he came outside and fine tuned the equalizer settings and It made a noticeable difference. The system actually sounds like it was worth the extra money and not as bad as everyone says it is. If anyone would like the actual settings just let me know and I'll get them next time I'm in my car.

importunerdj Oct 12, 2011 06:59 PM

Originally Posted by J.Sears (Post 9668649)
Hey I recently picked up a 2011 ww gsr with ssl and navi. I was highly unimpressed with the Rockford system. While I don't mind bass, I wouldn't call myself a basshead. Im more about clarity. Today I took my evo to an audio place and talked to the manager, he came outside and fine tuned the equalizer settings and It made a noticeable difference. The system actually sounds like it was worth the extra money and not as bad as everyone says it is. If anyone would like the actual settings just let me know and I'll get them next time I'm in my car.

i would like to know the setting, would like to compare it to mine!

Ladogaboy Oct 12, 2011 07:09 PM

I know the RF system in my GSR sounds significantly worse than the RF system in my Ralliart.

Kracka Oct 12, 2011 08:07 PM

Please share your settings.

EXcel4600c Oct 12, 2011 08:26 PM

Originally Posted by Kracka (Post 9668837)
Please share your settings.

+1 i would like thouse settings also. Where is the Amp at under the driver seat.

J.Sears Oct 13, 2011 03:22 AM

My settings are as follows:
Music type - normal
Bass +1
Mid +2
Treble +3
Punch level is changed with the type of music I'm listening to for example, hip-hop and r&b I generally set it higher and for country I set it lower and rock is somewhere in the middle of the two. It all depends on what pandora station I put on when I get in my car. Anyone else feel free to share your settings I would like to try a few others.

jordantii Oct 13, 2011 05:32 AM

Originally Posted by J.Sears (Post 9669237)
My settings are as follows:
Music type - normal
Bass +1
Mid +2
Treble +3
Punch level is changed with the type of music I'm listening to for example, hip-hop and r&b I generally set it higher and for country I set it lower and rock is somewhere in the middle of the two. It all depends on what pandora station I put on when I get in my car. Anyone else feel free to share your settings I would like to try a few others.

Mine is totally different and sounds pretty good. I have the mids cut -2. This system is mid heavy. I'll check my settings and we can compare. I also run more treble and bass

menasor Oct 13, 2011 03:09 PM

Originally Posted by J.Sears (Post 9668649)

Clarity is often associated with treble. Dialing down the bass while upping the treble in accordance stops the lows from muddying the highs. I'm still not that happy with the stock speakers' clarity and imaging though. It's pretty good for stock, but it could definitely be better.

ddawg1130 Oct 13, 2011 03:45 PM

yeah, messing with the equalizer makes a big difference. but I got to the point where I enjoy my evo for the exhaust note. I've considered trying to upgrade the RF system many times, but first step would be lbs of sound deadening as it doesn't matter how nice of speakers without a good accoustical environment. But then I realized I have my home theater for music, and no matter how much I were to dump into car audio it could never equal a good hometheater setup. so i accept that my ears are spoiled forever musically, and car audio is for covering up squeeky brake pads.

menasor Oct 13, 2011 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by ddawg1130 (Post 9670878)
yeah, messing with the equalizer makes a big difference. but I got to the point where I enjoy my evo for the exhaust note. I've considered trying to upgrade the RF system many times, but first step would be lbs of sound deadening as it doesn't matter how nice of speakers without a good accoustical environment. But then I realized I have my home theater for music, and no matter how much I were to dump into car audio it could never equal a good hometheater setup. so i accept that my ears are spoiled forever musically, and car audio is for covering up squeeky brake pads.

100% agree with you here :)

J.Sears Oct 13, 2011 04:57 PM

I'm not worried about adding anything aftermarket audio wise, I just want to make the best out of what I have.

richardjh Oct 13, 2011 05:17 PM

For me...

Sub Punch 4 / Classic / Live / Bass 0 / Mid -1 / Treble 0 /Fader +7

But everyone likes it different. :)

Rich

J.Sears Oct 13, 2011 05:22 PM

Originally Posted by richardjh (Post 9671089)
For me...

Sub Punch 4 / Classic / Live / Bass 0 / Mid -1 / Treble 0 /Fader +7

But everyone likes it different. :)

Rich

What kind of musc do you listen to with this setup ?

04Evo851374 Oct 13, 2011 08:35 PM

give us the settings asap

cla2000 Oct 13, 2011 09:14 PM

I think mine sounds great. Setings are: normal, bass 3, mid 0, highs 5, sub 4. It is a great systemin my opinion. I mostly listen to channel 51 on sirius and love it.