Notices
Evo X Electrical / Audio / Security Discuss electrical and audio system upgrades or alarm configurations.

Rockford system

Search this Thread

Old Oct 12, 2011, 06:18 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Rockford system

Hey I recently picked up a 2011 ww gsr with ssl and navi. I was highly unimpressed with the Rockford system. While I don't mind bass, I wouldn't call myself a basshead. Im more about clarity. Today I took my evo to an audio place and talked to the manager, he came outside and fine tuned the equalizer settings and It made a noticeable difference. The system actually sounds like it was worth the extra money and not as bad as everyone says it is. If anyone would like the actual settings just let me know and I'll get them next time I'm in my car.
Old Oct 12, 2011, 06:59 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by J.Sears
Hey I recently picked up a 2011 ww gsr with ssl and navi. I was highly unimpressed with the Rockford system. While I don't mind bass, I wouldn't call myself a basshead. Im more about clarity. Today I took my evo to an audio place and talked to the manager, he came outside and fine tuned the equalizer settings and It made a noticeable difference. The system actually sounds like it was worth the extra money and not as bad as everyone says it is. If anyone would like the actual settings just let me know and I'll get them next time I'm in my car.
i would like to know the setting, would like to compare it to mine!
Old Oct 12, 2011, 07:09 PM
Evolved Member

I know the RF system in my GSR sounds significantly worse than the RF system in my Ralliart.
Old Oct 12, 2011, 08:07 PM
Evolved Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
Please share your settings.
Old Oct 12, 2011, 08:26 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Kracka
Please share your settings.
+1 i would like thouse settings also. Where is the Amp at under the driver seat.
Old Oct 13, 2011, 03:22 AM

My settings are as follows:
Music type - normal
Bass +1
Mid +2
Treble +3
Punch level is changed with the type of music I'm listening to for example, hip-hop and r&b I generally set it higher and for country I set it lower and rock is somewhere in the middle of the two. It all depends on what pandora station I put on when I get in my car. Anyone else feel free to share your settings I would like to try a few others.
The following users liked this post:
Lightsaber (Apr 6, 2022)
Old Oct 13, 2011, 05:32 AM

My settings are as follows:
Music type - normal
Bass +1
Mid +2
Treble +3
Punch level is changed with the type of music I'm listening to for example, hip-hop and r&b I generally set it higher and for country I set it lower and rock is somewhere in the middle of the two. It all depends on what pandora station I put on when I get in my car. Anyone else feel free to share your settings I would like to try a few others.
Mine is totally different and sounds pretty good. I have the mids cut -2. This system is mid heavy. I'll check my settings and we can compare. I also run more treble and bass
Old Oct 13, 2011, 03:09 PM
Evolving Member

Clarity is often associated with treble. Dialing down the bass while upping the treble in accordance stops the lows from muddying the highs. I'm still not that happy with the stock speakers' clarity and imaging though. It's pretty good for stock, but it could definitely be better.
Old Oct 13, 2011, 03:45 PM
Evolved Member

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
yeah, messing with the equalizer makes a big difference. but I got to the point where I enjoy my evo for the exhaust note. I've considered trying to upgrade the RF system many times, but first step would be lbs of sound deadening as it doesn't matter how nice of speakers without a good accoustical environment. But then I realized I have my home theater for music, and no matter how much I were to dump into car audio it could never equal a good hometheater setup. so i accept that my ears are spoiled forever musically, and car audio is for covering up squeeky brake pads.
Old Oct 13, 2011, 04:00 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by ddawg1130
yeah, messing with the equalizer makes a big difference. but I got to the point where I enjoy my evo for the exhaust note. I've considered trying to upgrade the RF system many times, but first step would be lbs of sound deadening as it doesn't matter how nice of speakers without a good accoustical environment. But then I realized I have my home theater for music, and no matter how much I were to dump into car audio it could never equal a good hometheater setup. so i accept that my ears are spoiled forever musically, and car audio is for covering up squeeky brake pads.
100% agree with you here
Old Oct 13, 2011, 04:57 PM

I'm not worried about adding anything aftermarket audio wise, I just want to make the best out of what I have.
Old Oct 13, 2011, 05:17 PM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
For me...

Sub Punch 4 / Classic / Live / Bass 0 / Mid -1 / Treble 0 /Fader +7

But everyone likes it different.

Rich
Old Oct 13, 2011, 05:22 PM

Originally Posted by richardjh
For me...

Sub Punch 4 / Classic / Live / Bass 0 / Mid -1 / Treble 0 /Fader +7

But everyone likes it different.

Rich
What kind of musc do you listen to with this setup ?
Old Oct 13, 2011, 08:35 PM
Evolving Member

give us the settings asap
Old Oct 13, 2011, 09:14 PM
Evolving Member

I think mine sounds great. Setings are: normal, bass 3, mid 0, highs 5, sub 4. It is a great systemin my opinion. I mostly listen to channel 51 on sirius and love it.

Quick Reply: Rockford system