Notices
Evo X Engine Management / Tuning Forums Discuss the major engine management systems.

AEM standalone release?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9, 2008, 05:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AEM standalone release?

Somebody know ? Is there any development? Some kind of news?
Old Mar 9, 2008, 06:55 PM
Account Disabled

I dont think this is going to wait a looong time before you see this.
Since 2003 we have been waiting from AEM to realease the STI (also use the drive by wire thorttle body) AEM without any success.

The reason for this is the Drive by wire throttle body. AEM says that the have figureout the technology but I have been listen that statment from last 2 years.

Theres other ECU that already known how to work with this and are as good as AEM.
Old Mar 9, 2008, 11:34 PM

true, but they have just broken the canBUS system just recently for the STi. they have my car right now as your reading this... they're developing an intake/exhaust and the engineering dept might take a look at the ecu while they're at it.. i'm hoping they develop something.
Old Mar 24, 2008, 04:36 PM
SMx

Having owned an AEM EMS before for my DSM, I can tell you this is one of the LAST mods you should be looking forward too on these cars. Even on my race/DD DSM I still think I upgraded too early and could have done just as well on DSM Link. It was an amazing system, don't get me wrong, but I've had it before and it's definitely not something I'd actively look forwards too for my next car. Once you get the AEM EMS your dedication to the car must increase significantly, my friend and myself spent endless hours tuning and playing to get it right, but I think this is only because we were perfectionists, if you were happy with a decent tune you might have been able to just leave it, but even a decent tune takes some serious time.