Notices
Evo X Engine Management / Tuning Forums Discuss the major engine management systems.

Hks Camp 2

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4, 2008, 10:50 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
thanks man, That definately sounds reasonable

Originally Posted by countdokoo
The whole setup cost me roughly USD $1200. (converted from Singapore dollars) I had to pay extra because I opted for the oil temperature/pressure sensors which required an extra I/F unit to function. If you just want the CAMP2 base unit, without the oil temp/pressure, you're looking at roughly USD $600.
Old Apr 5, 2008, 12:43 AM

Any of you X guys have the Navi package (from Mitsubishi) thinking about using this, and if so can you get it to work while the car is in motion?
Old Apr 5, 2008, 06:40 AM

Originally Posted by frhstrack11
Any of you X guys have the Navi package (from Mitsubishi) thinking about using this, and if so can you get it to work while the car is in motion?
That's what I am trying to find out- I could care less after the engine blows if it tells me why, want to monitor vitals to AVOID issues.

Dan Law
DERMS Racing
Old Apr 6, 2008, 10:43 PM
Evolving Member

I think the real issue here would be whether or not your NAVI package has an auxilary input (red,yellow,white) for the CAMP2 to input into.

If it doesn't then there's really no way the CAMP2 or any external sources can display.

CAMP2 is a real time monitoring system and works regardless of whether or not the car is in motion or not.
Old Apr 6, 2008, 11:23 PM

Our cars do. Its just a matter of our navi showing it while we are driving. (Like if I were to hook up an xbox360 through the AUX it would not play while I am driving.) <not that I would ever do that> Its because the car uses the GPS in order to tell if the car is in motion. So its a matter of getting around that. People have claimed to put a switch in some wires, but it is unproven and most people believe it to be a sham.
Old Apr 7, 2008, 06:16 AM
Evolving Member

Our cars do. Its just a matter of our navi showing it while we are driving. (Like if I were to hook up an xbox360 through the AUX it would not play while I am driving.) <not that I would ever do that> Its because the car uses the GPS in order to tell if the car is in motion. So its a matter of getting around that. People have claimed to put a switch in some wires, but it is unproven and most people believe it to be a sham.
It seems like the stock GPS unit to be the gremlin of all things. Over here in Singapore, we're lucky (or unlucky depending on how you see it) enough not to get the mitsu navi unit in the JDM cars that we have, not like it will work locally anyway...

Japanese cars are normally delivered without the crappy stock japanese FM radio set, leave the option of an aftermarket head unit opened to all new owners. I'm not sure how well the stock Mitsu NAVI unit performs but from what i read, I have a feeling aftermarket ones beat it hands down...

Most owners go for a 2 DIN 7" screen in car entertainment unit, which should also do the job of being a GPS navigating unit, reverse camera display unit, CAMP2 auxilary input display unit, support IPOD direct connectivity, DVD player, blue tooth hands free answering/calling, and 6 disc interchanging unit all in one.

Really good ICE units like the Kenwood or Pioneer units have fancy graphics, and can handle simultaneous video/audio input from different channels on 1 screen. You can GPS with your IPOD on.. or CAMP2 with the FM in the background. Or DVD with CAMP2 audio behind.. whichever makes your ***** tickle. :P
Old Apr 11, 2008, 09:48 AM

Originally Posted by countdokoo
It seems like the stock GPS unit to be the gremlin of all things. Over here in Singapore, we're lucky (or unlucky depending on how you see it) enough not to get the mitsu navi unit in the JDM cars that we have, not like it will work locally anyway...

Japanese cars are normally delivered without the crappy stock japanese FM radio set, leave the option of an aftermarket head unit opened to all new owners. I'm not sure how well the stock Mitsu NAVI unit performs but from what i read, I have a feeling aftermarket ones beat it hands down...

Most owners go for a 2 DIN 7" screen in car entertainment unit, which should also do the job of being a GPS navigating unit, reverse camera display unit, CAMP2 auxilary input display unit, support IPOD direct connectivity, DVD player, blue tooth hands free answering/calling, and 6 disc interchanging unit all in one.

Really good ICE units like the Kenwood or Pioneer units have fancy graphics, and can handle simultaneous video/audio input from different channels on 1 screen. You can GPS with your IPOD on.. or CAMP2 with the FM in the background. Or DVD with CAMP2 audio behind.. whichever makes your ***** tickle. :P
will the camp 2 work concurrently with music running?
Old Apr 11, 2008, 10:45 AM
Evolving Member

Sounds like a great device.
What about its datalogging abilities, how many parameters at the same time? Refresh frequencies? Save/Load in internal memory or is laptop required?
Old Apr 12, 2008, 05:18 PM

Does the boost display function work properly? Also, do you have an evo X? If yes, do you have it plugged in to the OBD2 port?

Last edited by Xcited; Apr 12, 2008 at 05:37 PM.
Old Apr 18, 2008, 03:12 PM
Evolved Member

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
I'm happy to see someone that finally has one of these installed. I've debated putting one in my 335 but, wanted to see a first hand review.
Old Jun 30, 2008, 10:56 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Lets bring this back to life. Can you log over time? Can you input a Wb02? can you log knock?

If so, I'll buy it quickly
Old Jun 30, 2008, 05:42 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by tsitalon1
Lets bring this back to life. Can you log over time? Can you input a Wb02? can you log knock?

If so, I'll buy it quickly
Yes .. you can log quite a long time I believe .. but the log is in graph form ..

You can select display and audio on different source but it depends on the head unit ..

And yes you can use ipod with the CAMP2 .. just forgo the audio warning function of the CAMP2 ..

finally this is what it looks like real time .. sorry for the jerky HANDHELD video ..

2nd to 3rd gear on a totally stock MR

Last edited by gunzo; Jun 30, 2008 at 10:09 PM.
Old Jun 30, 2008, 07:02 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
This is good, bt I still don't see knock, or a:f ratio...can you input a Wb02?
Old Jun 30, 2008, 10:11 PM
Evolved Member

buy the HKS Knock / AF amp and plug it in ..
So the answer is YES again
Old Jun 30, 2008, 10:31 PM
Evolved Member

gunzo - that is not on the stock Mitsu NAV unit is it? It was hard to tell, but it didn't look like it.

Quick Reply: Hks Camp 2