Notices
Evo X Engine Management / Tuning Forums Discuss the major engine management systems.

100% stock and Ecutek tuning at Dyno4mance

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14, 2008, 02:24 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by evostang
I don't know. I measured over 9 psi of backpressure through the OEM exhaust. Maybe the OEM muffler is 7 psi worth, but I really doubt that to be true.

It would be nice if someone else would do a backpressure measurement on an aftermarket exhaust.
Agreed and I will try to do so.
I do feel that this power level is pushing the stock exhaust a bit and we have certainly seen another 15whp at the same boost and afr by going to a turbo back, it's just that a lot of us that have had 8's and 9's have had enough of an exhaust that is too loud to enjoy long trips and are looking for something more pleasing to the ears this time around. At least that is the case for me
Old Jul 14, 2008, 02:27 PM
Evolved Member

wth my gas milage drop from my average 22mph to 18mph lol, this extra power is additive(not to self stay of the boost)
Old Jul 14, 2008, 02:35 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by is300
wth my gas milage drop from my average 22mph to 18mph lol, this extra power is additive(not to self stay of the boost)
Old Jul 14, 2008, 02:45 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Dyno4mance
I do feel that this power level is pushing the stock exhaust a bit and we have certainly seen another 15whp at the same boost and afr by going to a turbo back, it's just that a lot of us that have had 8's and 9's have had enough of an exhaust that is too loud to enjoy long trips and are looking for something more pleasing to the ears this time around. At least that is the case for me
Old Jul 14, 2008, 02:56 PM
Evolving Member

it's just that a lot of us that have had 8's and 9's have had enough of an exhaust that is too loud to enjoy long trips and are looking for something more pleasing to the ears this time around. At least that is the case for me
I don't want a loud exhaust either. But if I could get a 2-3 psi backpressure system with a decibel level close to stock, that would be great.
Old Jul 14, 2008, 03:31 PM
Evolved Member

Makes me wonder if I should get a exhaust or not. If i did not buy the exhaust I could go ahead and bring my car in for the tune. Will have to think about that. Any more info on the Works muffler?

Great results on the tune.
Old Jul 14, 2008, 05:38 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by evostang
I don't want a loud exhaust either. But if I could get a 2-3 psi backpressure system with a decibel level close to stock, that would be great.

Yeah, but if that were easy to do, it would have probably been done at the factory

I will say this, pipe diameter has almost as much to do with db level as design of the muffler / resonator. That being the case, a 2.75 inch system with resonator and a good can should be a fair bit quieter than a 3" with the same length and design of the resonator and can.... but it would also have more back pressure so...
Old Jul 14, 2008, 05:39 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by scottatayamaha
Makes me wonder if I should get a exhaust or not. If i did not buy the exhaust I could go ahead and bring my car in for the tune. Will have to think about that. Any more info on the Works muffler?

Great results on the tune.
I'll shoot you a pm...
Old Jul 14, 2008, 06:09 PM
Evolved Member

+1
Old Jul 18, 2008, 03:22 PM
Evolving Member

I work from home now and have a Corolla! Bring on the noise lol