Notices
Evo X Engine Management / Tuning Forums Discuss the major engine management systems.

AMS Tuned

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28, 2008, 05:23 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
30 hp gain? Its ok. AMS does great stuff though. I'm all paranoid that these tunes may not be reliable and I don't want to be taking all this stuff off to go back to the stealership.
Old Jul 28, 2008, 06:56 PM

Originally Posted by love9sick
30 hp gain? Its ok. AMS does great stuff though. I'm all paranoid that these tunes may not be reliable and I don't want to be taking all this stuff off to go back to the stealership.
You were looking at the Torque gains.. HP gains were 44HP. Those are the peak gains though.. what it doesn't tell you is the increase in power from around 4400 RPMs until 7700.. Those were pretty impressive 50HP in a few spots.

Remember this isn't an all out tune for power.. This is my daily driver with boost peaking at 24psi and the A/F at 11.4:1 under load. Spool up has been improved which directly enhances drivability.

As far as reliablity goes.. any modification you make to improve power could cause issues.. As far as I am concerned I think a nice safe tune is the best bang for the buck right now and will not be noticed unless the dealer starts digging into the ECU.
Old Jul 28, 2008, 10:23 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by floatyghosthat
hey guys,

So I take it, AMS is good? I've just put a down payment on an Evo 9 that the dealership has just taken to AMS to put in an Exedy clutch and give it a tune-up. It's also got an AMS exhaust and downpipe. Anybody know how it is?
The Blue one? I just finished the clutch job up today. I also installed AMS shifter bushings as the stock ones tend to seize onto the trans levers causing mushy shfiter feel. The clutch and shifter feel worlds different now.

The car does have our Version 1 catback but the downpipe/test pipe is not ours (Unless it was a prototype from like 2003, but highly unlikely).Its all 3" mandrel bent and looks like it would perform as well as any other downpipe out there, so your still in good shape.

The car also have a K&N cone filter/adaptor, Autometer boost, a/f, oil press gauges, Hallman MBC (new style) which I set to 18-19 psi. I didn't go any higher because I'm not sure if the car is on a stock tune or what flash it may be on.

Have fun with the new ride!

Eric
Old Jul 29, 2008, 09:27 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Got an appointment for Aug 14th to get tuned by AMS!!
Old Jul 29, 2008, 09:31 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by junction
You'll enjoy it! I wish I could visit AMS.
Old Jul 29, 2008, 04:48 PM

Originally Posted by junction
got mine tuned by chris over the weekend,all i have is the ams intake and all i can say is wow what a differance.you wont be disapointed!