Notices
Evo X Engine Management / Tuning Forums Discuss the major engine management systems.

Best Community(shared) Maps Available?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2011, 10:45 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Best Community(shared) Maps Available?

So after looking into my tuning option, I really dont think going with an AP is worth $600. I have an 08 MR and plan on staying stock for a while, but want to get rid of the overly rich factory tune and have the ability reflash whenever I want. I would be happy with a mild gain(keep that SST alive ) .

So I am thinking of just getting a tactrix cable and go from there.

My question is are/where would I find any proven maps that are being shared? I assume I can find something as reliable as the ones that Cobb relases?

Also, would it be foolish to try to run anything(even proven maps) without a wideband?
Old Feb 23, 2011, 11:34 AM

Im not trying to sway you off of running some of the "proven" maps that are floating around on here but to Cobbs credit one of the really nice things (there are more) about the AP is the simplicity, grab a map from their website and go for the most part, you dont have to worry about some of the issues you may incounter with some of the other downloadable maps you find here or elseware so you can almost eliminate the uneasy guessing game of roulette with no wideband, not to mention if you decide to add mods down the line there is a good amount of supported Maps. the stage 1 tune cleans up a good bit of the poor factory tune as well as adding a noticable gain in pep across the band while keeping things at a safe level (including your SST) Also the guys at Cobb have been great in my experience with providing helpful information along the way.

Which way you go is up to you, but ive been happy with what Cobb has offered with there AP, but there are plenty of other guys out here that will tell you they have success with opensource or any other number of programs available.
-J
Old Feb 23, 2011, 11:59 AM
EvoM Community Team

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
This would be an argument for AP (or at least a mail-in / base flash).

It is never advisable to run a map without the ability to monitor what you have changed. You can try Gunzo's maps... but I would get a wideband.
Old Feb 23, 2011, 08:12 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 66 Likes on 42 Posts
Even OTS tunes should be monitored.

so my advice would be - whatever method you go with (if you intend to stick with the tune for a while) is to take it to a Dyno and get a power run done (ie 2-3 runs back to back) to make sure AFR's are ok...

power runs should be cheap, its only really 15-30 mins for a shop to do...
Old Feb 24, 2011, 03:49 PM

good to know just got my AP