Notices
Evo X Engine Management / Tuning Forums Discuss the major engine management systems.

BOV not swooshing....

Search this Thread

Old Apr 11, 2017, 10:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BOV not swooshing....

So my last Evo X had full catback, intake and the vehicle wasn't tune and the BOV was loud, I just got another Evo X and it has all bolts on (full turboback, upper/lower inner cooler piping, bigger front mount inner cooler, intake) and it's tuned but the BOV isn't loud what can be the issue? Maybe the way the set up is? And what can I do to change that.
Old Apr 12, 2017, 05:17 AM

Most likely "recirculated vs. atmospheric" but it could be a few other things. Do you know the brand?
Old Apr 12, 2017, 01:16 PM
Evolving Member

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by KillaYayo
So my last Evo X had full catback, intake and the vehicle wasn't tune and the BOV was loud, I just got another Evo X and it has all bolts on (full turboback, upper/lower inner cooler piping, bigger front mount inner cooler, intake) and it's tuned but the BOV isn't loud what can be the issue? Maybe the way the set up is? And what can I do to change that.

generally when one is asking a specific question, one will provide specific information detailing their issue...

Nikes "swoosh" - car parts don't.

Stock X BOVs will be set up to recirculate - if you're asking why your BOV isn't "loud" then perhaps it's because it's not VTA like you're used to. I'd suggest two things:

1) learning about the differences between VTA (i.e. loud) and recirculation
2) opening your hood and studying which one applies to you.

-asher
Old Apr 13, 2017, 08:28 AM

Originally Posted by Kevin_White19
Most likely "recirculated vs. atmospheric" but it could be a few other things. Do you know the brand?
im pretty sure mine is recirculating, but how can I change it to atmospheric? And I have the stock Evo X BOV. I've done research and the stock ones are the best ones for these cars.
Old Apr 13, 2017, 06:07 PM
Evolved Member

Received 26 Likes on 26 Posts
you will need to be on speed density to run VTA (retuned for no MAF). our cars with maf are designed to run recirculated. if you run it VTA with maf, it will stumble and not run right. if you want the sound, get a maf adapter/intake with a cone filter and you will hear. my turbo xs bov and even my oem evo 9 bov was pretty audible even on recirc.
Old Apr 13, 2017, 06:08 PM
Evolved Member

Received 26 Likes on 26 Posts
another thing, is it holding boost? is it running good? does it pull well WOT? afr's good? if so, don't worry about the sound.
Old Apr 21, 2017, 11:03 PM
EvoM Community Team

Received 62 Likes on 59 Posts
Are the intakes the same between the two cars? Intakes have an affect on whether you hear that sound or not. Think back to when you had a stock air filter box, nothing. Throw an ETS intake or something like it on and I'm willing to bet you'll hear it again (assuming everything is working correctly).