Notices
Evo X Engine Management / Tuning Forums Discuss the major engine management systems.

AEM Boost Gauge Reading Wrong

Search this Thread

Old May 27, 2018, 11:29 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
AEM Boost Gauge Reading Wrong

I got an AEM boost gauge installed and it seems to be reading wrong. It's showing 11 psi boost with the engine off. I pulled the line and put it back on and now it reads 4 psi positive pressure with the engine off. When it's running it isn't consistent like it should be, it bounces around all over the place. My AEM AFR Gauge reads good and they share the same power and ground source. I was thinking about getting a new sensor.
Any thoughts or suggestions?
The line to the sensor is T'd in. I can't say exactly into what, Buschur actually did the install. I'm still learning all this stuff so I'm gonna need some help with this.
Old Jun 6, 2018, 10:04 AM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
With the car off and the line unplugged from the back of the gauge, does it show 0? If it doesn't the gauge is out of calibration (need a new one). If it does show 0, than your pressure sensor/sender is probably bad.

If you bought it from them recently, than they should replace it as it doesn't go out of calibration quickly.

Last edited by strykr; Jun 6, 2018 at 10:18 AM.
Old Jun 7, 2018, 04:16 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by strykr
With the car off and the line unplugged from the back of the gauge, does it show 0? If it doesn't the gauge is out of calibration (need a new one). If it does show 0, than your pressure sensor/sender is probably bad.

If you bought it from them recently, than they should replace it as it doesn't go out of calibration quickly.
ill message AEM. See what they say about it. thanks