Notices
Evo X Engine Management / Tuning Forums Discuss the major engine management systems.

Aem wideband reads 0 on evoscan

Search this Thread

Old Apr 12, 2019, 03:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Aem wideband reads 0 on evoscan

I've been trying to do an etune but evo scan isnt reading my wideband. All the wires are connected, I've checked them atleast a hundred times. I used the putty program and it read perfectly. The comports are set to com3 but it still reads 0. Someone please help. I'm using a serial to USB and a serial logging cable. The wires are connected correctly and I know they are thanks to putty. Please help.
Old Apr 16, 2019, 11:18 AM
Evolving Member

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
Did you pick the wideband from the dropdown menu as well?
You will also get bogus reading if the sensor needs re-calibrated in open air outside of the exhaust. I've never used the AEM widebands, but I was getting the same type of bad info on my LC2 after removing and letting my LC2 sit for a long time.
Old Apr 16, 2019, 04:48 PM
Evolved Member

Received 294 Likes on 235 Posts
Do you have a ground wire running from the serial to usb converter (pin 5 I believe) back to the body? Some say you dont need the ground, others say you do. In my case, I needed the ground. Worked just fine with my AEM wideband after that. And what color wire are you using off the AEM to serial? I am thinking it should be the blue one.