Notices
Evo X Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine builds to the best clutch and flywheel.

Preferred Differential/Transfer Case Oil(s)?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 17, 2008, 06:05 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Oil Doc
The ASL will work fine for a Daily Driver. the oils I recommend are due to the way most EVO's are driven... Aggressively !!

Doc
I'll definitely order some 0W30 from you by next track season.
Old Oct 17, 2008, 08:21 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by BlackTrack
Trans: AMSoil MTG

Transfer and Diff: AMSoil SVG

Engine: AMSoil Signature Series 0W-30
This is coming from a evo 10 racer(track) and winner, take it as gold.

I also recommend AMSOIL, i have seen their oil stand up to a beating and keep on going.
Old Oct 17, 2008, 08:47 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Papi4baby
This is coming from a evo 10 racer(track) and winner, take it as gold.

I also recommend AMSOIL, i have seen their oil stand up to a beating and keep on going.
Yep..... I have several Professional EVO Teams where I sell it to them by the Pail.

After 35 years in the business, Over 24 years selling AMSOIL, I have found that AMSOIL performs better than what they advertise and continues to outperform the competition.

Doc
Old Oct 17, 2008, 08:57 AM
Evolving Member

Hey Doc, do you guys sell your products through any retailers or is it all onilne orders? sorry for the question. Thanks.
Old Oct 17, 2008, 09:13 AM
Evolving Member

Yep..... I have several Professional EVO Teams where I sell it to them by the Pail.

After 35 years in the business, Over 24 years selling AMSOIL, I have found that AMSOIL performs better than what they advertise and continues to outperform the competition.

Doc
It states on amsoil website to change the oil 17,500 or 1 year for severe service. Do you reccomend that? What are your reccomendations for services intervals for engine, tranny, and diff?
Old Oct 17, 2008, 09:14 AM
Evolving Member

Doc
It states on amsoil website to change the oil 17,500 or 1 year for severe service. Do you reccomend that? What are your reccomendations for services intervals for engine, tranny, and diff?
Old Oct 17, 2008, 09:14 AM
Evolving Member

Doc
Old Oct 17, 2008, 10:37 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by sylnraul_evox
Hey Doc, do you guys sell your products through any retailers or is it all onilne orders? sorry for the question. Thanks.

There are Retailers that sell AMSOIL Products. Finding them is one thing.... Paying their prices when you can buy at their cost is another

Doc
Old Oct 17, 2008, 10:58 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by davidiii
Thanks for the question.

You sent me an email as well that helped to clarify it. I was searching all over thinking AMSOIL changed some info and I didn't catch it... LOL

Your question is about Engine oil and I believe probably the SSO 0W-30 specifically.

That recommendation is for Naturally Aspirated engines.... Recommendations for a Turbo Charged Application is Longest Recommended Change Interval by the OEM unless Oil Analysis is used.

Standard oil change on the EVO is 3000 which is even long for most oils when given how most EVO's are driven. 5000 is the longest recommended interval and the SSO has no problem going that long and longer when using the AMSOIL EA Series Filter. I have several customers using oil analysis to build a Base-Line interval for changes as each application will be different.

If I was wrong in my assumption on SSO please let me know.

Doc