Notices
Evo X Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine builds to the best clutch and flywheel.

Pipe compatibility..?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 16, 2008, 08:36 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pipe compatibility..?

soo here a somewhat noob question. i want to get a test pipe and a downpipe. are all the pipes universal? same size? whats the stock size? i want to keep my stock exhaust and just switch out those 2. also i read somewhere that we have 2 cats? ive look underneath the car and can find only one and a muffler looking thing towards the back of the pipe(not the muffler).

..and if its not too much to ask can someone find a picture of the whole exhaust piping from front to back and tell me what each of the piping is call? thanks
Old Oct 16, 2008, 08:40 PM
Evolving Member

Well first I dont thick we have two Kats we have two cell points and as far as the piping start with the engine u have the turbo manifold the the fat pipe from there is the down pipe then the test pipe both of which have a cell or o2 cell then you have the exhaust and that is it .
Old Oct 17, 2008, 10:03 AM
Evolving Member

There is only one catalytic converter on the car from the factory. There are different size pipes so they are not universal.