Notices
Evo X Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine builds to the best clutch and flywheel.

RE: Clutch master cylinder

Old Nov 21, 2008, 05:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RE: Clutch master cylinder

Any update on any of the vendors releasing anything after market replacement or fix for a clutch master cylinder just broke my 3rd one im on a act xtreme pressure plate the stock unit is just a bad design.
Old Nov 21, 2008, 07:47 PM
GNR
Evolving Member

bad design? Mitsubishi doesant make master cylinders. check the part it should be made from a good japanese manufacturer like TOKICO..
Old Nov 21, 2008, 08:09 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
i am replacing my clutch with the WORKS CK2 and Flywheel and would LOVE to do that master cylinder as the stock is a POS, what aftermarket parts are available????
Old Nov 22, 2008, 12:24 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Am curious about this as well. I would like to know what the exact problem is and why the stock piece breaks from the increased clamp load of a performance clutch.
Old Nov 22, 2008, 07:40 AM

yea the pressure plate puts to much pressure and the stock unit is made out of plastic so they keep spliting they are also on nation wide backorder
Old Nov 22, 2008, 07:51 AM

Unhappy

Originally Posted by feli3344
yea the pressure plate puts to much pressure and the stock unit is made out of plastic so they keep spliting they are also on nation wide backorder
knowing this, please, please tell me that at LEAST one aftermarket company has a solution! please! i am putting in a new clutch soon and do not want to have this issue, damn mitsu lol
Old Nov 22, 2008, 11:36 AM
Evolving Member

I read somewere on here a vender is in the process of making one! forgot which guy thou! Lil patience and hope you dont break yours yet!
Old Nov 22, 2008, 11:59 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Massappeal
I read somewere on here a vender is in the process of making one! forgot which guy thou! Lil patience and hope you dont break yours yet!
^^ XTREMEBOOST I believe.
Old Nov 22, 2008, 01:41 PM

hey guys, GOOD NEWS, here is a PM that I got from Xtremeboost:

"We do have one we're testing out in our own car but making one at a fair price is the only issue we're having . If we made them today it will run you like $450 , I'm holding out a bit for a target price of $275-$325 . If you know of a few guys that are looking for that option lets get a list going and we should be able to get them done fairly soon"

I responded saying that a bunch of us are interested and for him to start a group buy type of thread, awaiting his response!!!!!
Old Nov 22, 2008, 02:10 PM
Evolved Member

What about an EVO 9 unit? Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the clutch master cylinder what determines clutch pedal adjustability? I know that the X's clutch isn't adjustable, and from what I know, isn't the 9's unit also metal? If that's the case, assuming that it would fit, wouldn't this be a cheap and reliable option that would kill two birds with one stone?

Last edited by STi2EvoX; Nov 22, 2008 at 02:12 PM.
Old Nov 22, 2008, 02:21 PM

Wink

Originally Posted by STi2EvoX
What about an EVO 9 unit? Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the clutch master cylinder what determines clutch pedal adjustability? I know that the X's clutch isn't adjustable, and from what I know, isn't the 9's unit also metal? If that's the case, assuming that it would fit, wouldn't this be a cheap and reliable option that would kill two birds with one stone?
seems like it, but i dont know offhand if they are interchangeable, i would LOVE it if they were tho!! anyone else know?
Old Nov 23, 2008, 09:08 AM
Evolved Member

BUMP for answer to this. Anyone know?
Old Nov 23, 2008, 09:28 AM
Evolved Member

BUMP for answer to this. Anyone know?
I don't think they are interchangeable. The X CMC doesn't bolt to the firewall, it twists in sort of like a tail light bulb.
Old Apr 24, 2009, 10:48 AM
Evolved Member

We have a solution for this. It is a piece that goes on the stock master cylinder that will not allow it to split. I am actually writing up the instructions right now for it, as soon as pricing is figured out I will post back up. All I can say is it wont be expensive : )
Old Apr 24, 2009, 11:30 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Scott@AMS
We have a solution for this. It is a piece that goes on the stock master cylinder that will not allow it to split. I am actually writing up the instructions right now for it, as soon as pricing is figured out I will post back up. All I can say is it wont be expensive : )
Will / Can you create an adjustable rod for it? What about SS clutch line as well....sorely needed items!!!!!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: RE: Clutch master cylinder