Notices
Evo X Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine builds to the best clutch and flywheel.

(Works) trans linkage shifter bushings

Search this Thread

Old Jun 30, 2009, 05:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question (Works) trans linkage shifter bushings

Has anyone installed these on the x and if so how well do they work in respect to the 2nd to 3rd problem .
Old Jun 30, 2009, 05:56 PM
Evolving Member

I installed mine last Friday and I can't believe how much more precise/crisp the shifting is. They didn't look like much when I received them and I wondered if I just wasted my money but I am very pleased.

My 2nd to 3rd shift problem was cured by draining the factory tranny fluid and replacing it with Redline MT90. The tranny now shifts like butter!
Old Jun 30, 2009, 05:57 PM
Evolving Member

I live in Michigan also if you'd like to take my car for a spin to check them out for yourself
Old Jun 30, 2009, 06:18 PM

Thanks guys, that is what I wanted to here , Where in Michigan & DID YOU JUST CHANGE THE TRANS FLUID IN THE GEAR BOX.
Old Jun 30, 2009, 07:15 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Eurorcr
I installed mine last Friday and I can't believe how much more precise/crisp the shifting is. They didn't look like much when I received them and I wondered if I just wasted my money but I am very pleased.

My 2nd to 3rd shift problem was cured by draining the factory tranny fluid and replacing it with Redline MT90. The tranny now shifts like butter!
x2

I have both sets. The shifter bushings and the transmission bushings from WORKS, along with AMSoil MTG. I barely have any issues at full temp with these. I only have a little bit of a difficult shifting from 1st to 2nd. But that goes away after 2-3 shifts.

It's a good idea to go with urethane since its more forgiving then bare metal which changes with temperatures, especially in the north.
Old Jul 1, 2009, 06:22 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Mark B
Thanks guys, that is what I wanted to here , Where in Michigan & DID YOU JUST CHANGE THE TRANS FLUID IN THE GEAR BOX.
Beverly Hills, a northern suburb of Detroit (Near Birmingham/Troy area). I only changed the transmission fluid. I did not change any other fluids such as the diff's, rear end, etc..

I also bought the works short shifter and counsel bushings and will be installing those two items over the next few weeks. Get your X on the track! I will be doing this event on July 25th:

http://www.3ballsracing.com/index.ph...ask=view&id=22