Notices
Evo X Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine builds to the best clutch and flywheel.

Loudest Evo X Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2010, 10:39 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by monkey_187
why do you want it to be loud?

+1.

Get a couple of tickets and get over it.
Old Mar 27, 2010, 01:35 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have a friend with an ETS exhaust...I have the Ultimate Racing exhaust no cat..3in full turbo back...we agree..my car is louder..but carefully what you ask for.. I did this clip in the parking garage at work... it doesn't matter where you put the camera..the car sounds just as loud... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHx-_XxEyH0.. I love it!! You can't sneak up on people..and everyone will here you coming from a mile away...
Old Mar 27, 2010, 06:49 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by jcdeng
Hks hi power and test pipe.
That combo for sure will be loud. Just the catback alone with the stock cat on produces 108 db which I've tested when I first owned one last year.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFtI4Sbr8x4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4_fqNZJxlo
Old Mar 27, 2010, 06:53 AM
Evolved Member

ultimate racing is loud as hell
Old Mar 27, 2010, 06:58 AM
Evolved Member

Pretty much any single-exit exhaust is going to be loud. It's the main reason that the X is so much quieter than the 8/9. The noise doesn't necessarily do anything for power so I don't understand the attraction, but...
Old Mar 27, 2010, 01:29 PM
Evolved Member

Does Turbo XS make an RFL exhaust for the 10? I had one on my old STI when I bought it and it was so loud it gave me headaches. My friends could here me coming 5 minutes before I arrived. Is that the kind of exhaust you are looking for?

The best was the QTP downpipe for my Evo IX. Stupid loud open dump or stock like quietness.
Old Mar 27, 2010, 09:00 PM

I have the tomei expreme TI catback and test pipe. Its very loud and sounds amazing.
Old Mar 27, 2010, 09:34 PM
Evolving Member

ets o2/downpipe, ets test pipe, ets v2 catback just the normal one.
ul be happy, its loud, aggressive and snaps necks all day long
Old Mar 27, 2010, 09:49 PM
Evolving Member

get CP-E single exit w/o a muffler, youll need earplugs.
Old Mar 27, 2010, 11:05 PM

OK, after reading all the replies (thank you all) and weighing pros/cons, I'm nearing a decision which seems like a fine balance between preference, practicality, and performance:

Preference: I simply like loud exhaust, much like I enjoy playing my favorite music loudly. No logic here; it's just a matter of personal preference. I would also prefer a complete turboback design, keeping the stock twin tip configuration. Bank roll for TBE: $2,000

Practicality: The system should have a good chance of passing state inspections, thus some kind of a cat and muffler is necessary. Also, a system that's too loud may attract the wrong kind of attention (overzealous police and pesky neighbors). Just like I don't like listening to loud music all the time, I could see how a super loud exhaust can eventually be maddening.

Performance: Realistic WHP gains should be published and confirmed by the Evo X community. Quality well-fitting products from reputable companies made in the USA or Japan are preferred. There should also be some kind of warranty and customer service should be acceptable.

The AMS Evo X Twin Tip Turbo Back Exhaust System with High Flow Cat appears to meet all these criteria. WHP gains are respectable (20-25). A HUGE selling point is the ability to adjust the exhaust's loudness. The biggest bummer right now is the 5-6 week wait!
Old Mar 28, 2010, 04:49 AM

In your case I think the AMS dual would definitely be the best way to go. If you go loud and for whatever reason you find the need to have something quieter, it's a lot of money to have shelled out to then have the wrong exhaust in the end. The adjustable AMS will solve that issue.
Old Mar 28, 2010, 08:21 AM
Evolved Member

Removed.

Last edited by aftershock141; Sep 26, 2011 at 07:27 PM.
Old Mar 28, 2010, 08:28 AM
Evolving Member

i have an AMS TBE(No cat) with the twin tip. When i'm away at college, the cops where i go to school don't care about exhaust noise, so i run the exhaust wide open. it is very loud from the outside but surprisingly not annoying from the inside. the exhaust has a very nice setup, i love being able to change how loud the car is whenever i want.
Old Mar 28, 2010, 10:18 AM

Ets!! +1
Old Mar 28, 2010, 05:43 PM
Evolved Member

I've got an ETS turbo-back 'extreme' version coming on Thursday.. I should have it installed by the weekend and I'll report back with my findings and video clips.

Quick Reply: Loudest Evo X Exhaust