Notices
Evo X Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine builds to the best clutch and flywheel.

ETS V2 Quiet TBE install review

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9, 2011, 09:20 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
ETS V2 Quiet TBE install review

Christmas came a little early for me and thought I would give another review for the ETS V2 Quiet TBE with HFC. All of the parts are ETS.

The biggest pain of the whole install is actually taking off the factory downpipe. Go buy a set of the adjustable gear wrenches or you will never get the O2 housing off. Make sure you have a good tool set. Everything else pretty much was not too difficult and went on pretty easy. Including the Downpipe.

Fit and Finish: The exhaust, downpipe and HFC are top notch. It fit pretty well but does touch the back of the valance on the rear bumper. I had to bend the lower tabs underneath to push the valance just slightly out so it won't touch. I'll have to keep and eye on this. Was a little disappointed in that. The bolt that came for the rear hanger was also too long. I needed to go buy an 8X1.25X35 bolt. The tips are perfectly straight and even. Love that!! Overall I would give it 9.5 out of 10.

Sound: Very pleased with the sound but I'm not sure if it is because the downpipe splits the wastegate and the exhaust till further down or something is rattling. Every time the car goes under boost I can here a somewhat rattle sound. A little hard to describe. It's when I accelerate just enough to create boost. I think it’s just the turbo being noisy. It is pretty quiet compared to the regular V2 I had on the old Evo X. If anyone also has the same downpipe, I would love to know if you get the same noise. It is not an exhaust leak. Also would give it 9.5 out of 10.

All in all I very pleased and would recommend this exhaust to anyone who is looking for something quiet. I'm going to reserve a couple of post and try to come back and post videos when I get a chance but for now here are a bunch of pics
Attached Thumbnails ETS V2 Quiet TBE install review-ets1.jpg   ETS V2 Quiet TBE install review-ets2.jpg   ETS V2 Quiet TBE install review-ets3.jpg   ETS V2 Quiet TBE install review-ets4.jpg   ETS V2 Quiet TBE install review-ets5.jpg  

Old Dec 9, 2011, 09:21 PM
Evolved Member

More pictures
Attached Thumbnails ETS V2 Quiet TBE install review-ets6.jpg   ETS V2 Quiet TBE install review-ets7.jpg   ETS V2 Quiet TBE install review-ets8.jpg   ETS V2 Quiet TBE install review-ets9.jpg   ETS V2 Quiet TBE install review-ets10.jpg  

Last edited by Spazpilot; Dec 9, 2011 at 09:24 PM.
Old Dec 9, 2011, 09:21 PM
Evolved Member

More pictures
Attached Thumbnails ETS V2 Quiet TBE install review-ets11.jpg   ETS V2 Quiet TBE install review-ets12.jpg   ETS V2 Quiet TBE install review-ets13.jpg   ETS V2 Quiet TBE install review-ets14.jpg   ETS V2 Quiet TBE install review-ets15.jpg  

Last edited by Spazpilot; Dec 9, 2011 at 09:25 PM.
Old Dec 9, 2011, 09:22 PM
Evolved Member

Last ones
Attached Thumbnails ETS V2 Quiet TBE install review-ets16.jpg   ETS V2 Quiet TBE install review-ets17.jpg   ETS V2 Quiet TBE install review-ets18.jpg   ETS V2 Quiet TBE install review-ets19.jpg   ETS V2 Quiet TBE install review-ets20.jpg  

Last edited by Spazpilot; Dec 10, 2011 at 08:35 AM.
Old Dec 9, 2011, 09:22 PM
Evolved Member

Videos

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjrVz...&feature=g-upl
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NXPMs...&feature=g-upl
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bc5aL...&feature=g-upl
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GgwTQ...&feature=g-upl
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-p9-...&feature=g-upl
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1j_sK...&feature=g-upl
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ptu3o...&feature=g-upl

Last edited by Spazpilot; Dec 10, 2011 at 09:57 AM.
Old Dec 10, 2011, 01:59 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Sounds great! Nice, subtle, not screaming for cop attention.
Old Dec 10, 2011, 03:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just installed my ets quiet today. Little louder than stock, nice deep sound.

Love it. No regrets.
Old Dec 10, 2011, 09:19 PM
Evolving Member

I have the same ETS TBE/quiet v2 and I cant think of a time I ever heard rattling post install. Glad you like it man, absolutely love mine.
Old Dec 10, 2011, 10:45 PM

Thanks for posting this! Did you get a tune after install? How does the car feel?
Old Dec 11, 2011, 05:32 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by iLuveKetchup
Thanks for posting this! Did you get a tune after install? How does the car feel?
No tune yet. Waiting on Cobb to bring out the stage 2 map for the AMS CAI for the 11's. Car spools much quicker. Feels like it picked up a few good ponies. I'm sure it will feel even better with a tune.
Old Dec 11, 2011, 08:25 AM
Evolving Member

full tbe and no tune? is that safe?
Old Dec 11, 2011, 03:46 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by trick3d
full tbe and no tune? is that safe?
It's safe. I don't drive my car daily and most of the time when I do I'm not hard on her. AFR are well with 11.8 at redline. I'm just waiting on Cobb, If not as soon as I get the IC piping, FMIC and intake installed I'll have KevinD tune it for me.
Old Dec 11, 2011, 03:55 PM
Evolved Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by Spazpilot
No tune yet. Waiting on Cobb to bring out the stage 2 map for the AMS CAI for the 11's. Car spools much quicker. Feels like it picked up a few good ponies. I'm sure it will feel even better with a tune.
They can protune you with whatever intake you like, otherwise since you're a previous customer I'm sure Calvin could throw AMS MAF scaling into another Stage 2 OTS map.
Old Dec 12, 2011, 10:23 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 54 Likes on 43 Posts
Great Review! Thanks for making all of these videos. I'm sorry about the longer bolt, i will make sure the shop knows.
Old Dec 13, 2011, 05:32 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ETS Michael
Great Review! Thanks for making all of these videos. I'm sorry about the longer bolt, i will make sure the shop knows.
No problem Michael. Thanks again for getting the wideband bung welded in place at the very last Min. Like always customer service is top notch just like your products!!

CJ

Quick Reply: ETS V2 Quiet TBE install review