Notices
Evo X Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine builds to the best clutch and flywheel.

Exedy CMC Replacement

Search this Thread

Old Jun 6, 2016, 08:11 AM
Evolving Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Exedy CMC Replacement

I've been sitting on the AMS CMC upgrade for awhile now (got it on a sale and won't replace til clutch upgrade), and did not get the CMC that came as an added option to the kit.

I ended up looking through RockAuto and found that Exedy makes a CMC for the Evo IX (2005), and it costs $16.84. I'm trying to figure out if this pricing is just too-good-to-be-true, or there really is a stupid markup from other sources.

Link: http://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/m...+cylinder,1996

I could be trying to piece this together the wrong way, so any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Last edited by HatrixMouse; Jun 6, 2016 at 08:20 AM.
Old Jun 6, 2016, 12:47 PM
Evolved Member

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts
Originally Posted by HatrixMouse
I've been sitting on the AMS CMC upgrade for awhile now (got it on a sale and won't replace til clutch upgrade), and did not get the CMC that came as an added option to the kit.

I ended up looking through RockAuto and found that Exedy makes a CMC for the Evo IX (2005), and it costs $16.84. I'm trying to figure out if this pricing is just too-good-to-be-true, or there really is a stupid markup from other sources.

Link: http://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/m...+cylinder,1996

I could be trying to piece this together the wrong way, so any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
Not sure if it'll work or not, but it looks an awful lot like the Evo IX one that works beautifully with the adapter kit for the X. For ~$16 I'd give it a shot. Heres the OEM Evo IX cylinder
Old Jun 7, 2016, 04:10 AM
Evolving Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Yeah, that looks pretty damn close! I wonder if the Exedy version having the studs already in it affects install? Unless the only difference is that you supply your own bolt/nut on the CMC you had.

Regardless, how was the install of the CMC? I assume the picture above is what you ended up doing, since I notice everything ripped out. haha
Old Jun 7, 2016, 07:01 AM
Evolved Member

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts
Originally Posted by HatrixMouse
Yeah, that looks pretty damn close! I wonder if the Exedy version having the studs already in it affects install? Unless the only difference is that you supply your own bolt/nut on the CMC you had.

Regardless, how was the install of the CMC? I assume the picture above is what you ended up doing, since I notice everything ripped out. haha
The studs come with it, but they're just a tad too long. It's not pictured but I trimmed them down a bit so that it would fit with the adapter kit. (The adapter sits flush against the firewall so the little bit of stud that sticks out needs to get trimmed off.)

The install isn't too hard, as long as you take your time with it. The hardest part is lining up the brake booster to the studs because you can't really see behind it (having a friend helps), so its more of a wiggle it around until it fits kind of thing. Also, theres a rubber o-ring on the brake booster that makes the seal, so if you take it off, make sure you don't loose it!