Notices
Evo X Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine builds to the best clutch and flywheel.

Gen 2 Gtx3582r stock location setup

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19, 2018, 03:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Mick_O
You kinda answered your own question with why the 93 tune is low... Garrett Turbos predominantly only work with Garrett Turbine housings. They have always been that way. Kinda crazy you didnt just go T4 in the 1st place? Now you are gunna be up for a whole new flex or dual map tune again when you go T4. Do it once. Do it right..
well if you would have read prior you would see that it was unexpected that I was going to be having my entire engine built. Second I stated that even if I did have the t4 setup I would have limited myself to 600 to 650 anyways because I would like to get use to that power. Which in turn means id need to get a new flex tune again anyways. I'm being hooked up with a t4 conversion kit for my turbo so it's not going to be a huge loss in money either. Thanks for the comment 👍mistakes are inevitable but it still worked out for me with 655 on e85.
Old Jun 19, 2018, 03:40 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Great numbers! Makes me want to jump on that turbo right now! Wish I could afford it lol. Can't wait to see dyno sheets. Where does it see full boost at?
Old Jun 19, 2018, 03:49 AM

Originally Posted by Biga**camgears
Great numbers! Makes me want to jump on that turbo right now! Wish I could afford it lol. Can't wait to see dyno sheets. Where does it see full boost at?
Thanks, I am actually pretty impressed with e85 numbers and I'm completely content. Right where I wanted to be right now. Unfortunately I can't answer that until I head down very soon to get the car.
Old Jun 19, 2018, 05:09 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have the same turbo on my car and I myself limited myself with a stock frame turbo. But for now it will do until having enough funds for an actual kit for more power.
Old Jun 19, 2018, 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by J-ROC
I have the same turbo on my car and I myself limited myself with a stock frame turbo. But for now it will do until having enough funds for an actual kit for more power.
awesome numbers man! Well if interested I'll let you know but I'm converting my existing turbo into a t4. All parts will be about 2800 but I'll also sell my downpipe and mani. It won't be to bad and I'm planning to do that over the winter.
Old Sep 29, 2018, 03:40 AM

Any update on Vband vs Stock frame?
really interesting!
Old Nov 16, 2018, 02:41 PM

do yourself a favor and throw that stock housing in the garbage. Please as a gtx35 owner, PLEASE throw that hotside away. with your setup i would go with at least a .63 ar t3 setup. Changing to a garret hotside is definitely the way to go. You will make more power guaranteed.