Notices
Evo X Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine builds to the best clutch and flywheel.

Best local shop for clutch job...

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30, 2019, 06:02 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Best local shop for clutch job...

Hey guys,
So after 11 years 75K miles from purchase its time to change my clutch. Its slipping at WOT pretty consistently. Ive already bought a new clutch and flywheel. Just need to find a great shop in the DMV area to get it done. The ONE and ONLY place I would take it to looks to not deal with Evo's anymore which really HURT me so Im looking for a highly reputable place if not higher than the last place to do the work. Any suggestions?
Old May 1, 2019, 05:51 PM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Wink

Originally Posted by Maverickvf84
Hey guys,
So after 11 years 75K miles from purchase its time to change my clutch. Its slipping at WOT pretty consistently. Ive already bought a new clutch and flywheel. Just need to find a great shop in the DMV area to get it done. The ONE and ONLY place I would take it to looks to not deal with Evo's anymore which really HURT me so Im looking for a highly reputable place if not higher than the last place to do the work. Any suggestions?
You can try Moore Automotive in Fairfax VA. Then you can let me know how it goes with the clutch replacement....because I may need to do the same at some point...
Old May 2, 2019, 10:28 AM
Evolved Member

Received 113 Likes on 101 Posts
MachV in Sterling always treated me well when I lived in the DMV. I had a negative experience with Atlantic Motorsports in Gaithersburg regarding some pricing for dyno time a while back but the staff have always been great and they've also always done really solid work. Andrewtech is AWESOME and worth talking to. My friend with an Evo8 keeps going to Moore and has been happy with them. Where were you taking your car until now?