Notices
Evo X Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine builds to the best clutch and flywheel.

ACD Pump/Sputters With WOT

Search this Thread

Old Jul 13, 2019, 09:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ACD Pump/Sputters With WOT

Looking for some advice/help with two issues I am currently having.

1. Tarmac/Gravel/Snow light is flashing. From everything I have read this is a sign that the ACD pump is going out. I took it to my local Mitsu dealer and they told me everything is working fine and there are no issues, but could not explain the light flashing. What would cause this if not the pump going out? Is the dealer just trying get out of a warranty job?

2. Under wide open throttle, when boost kicks in, the car start to sputter quite noticably, and sometimes it almost feels like the rear end is going to lock up. The car drives perfect when doing anything other than WOT. Could this be related to the T/G/S light flashing? Fuel pump? Turbo? I am not sure where to start and any help would be much appreciated

Thanks!
Old Jul 16, 2019, 02:40 PM
Evolving Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
I just got the flashing tarmac light as well during spirited driving. Suspecting the pump is on its way out?
It comes and goes but we will see what the dealership says when I bring it in this Saturday.