EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Evo X Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-x-engine-turbo-drivetrain-258/)
-   -   injen intake vs. aem intake (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-x-engine-turbo-drivetrain/368913-injen-intake-vs-aem-intake.html)

jirro22 Sep 11, 2008 07:05 PM

injen intake vs. aem intake

hello,
i wanna ask some of u guys opinion on which intake would gain me more power, i saw a thread here before that an aem intake gained 30whp(plus other bolt ons and tune), but i havn't yet seen an injen intake that has some proof on real power gains...

my plan on tuning the evo x isnt much coz its my daily so for now i just wanna get an intake that will yield me the most hp possible w/o the ecu tune...

hopefullly someone can give some insights...i am not for the looks, i am for the power, and i careless for the sound, for me the more power the better but again this car is for daily use so i am not going to go crazy on aftermarket parts, just wanna change the intake for extra power and i want the most hp possible i can get for an intake....

thanks....

have a nice day....

flw_thewht_evo Sep 11, 2008 07:08 PM

You should take a look at AMS's intake...apparently it yields significant power gains and like all intakes it leans the car out which is good since we run pretty rich.

VincentX Sep 11, 2008 07:19 PM

Combine the AMS intake with the AEM cold air box.

Massappeal Sep 11, 2008 07:20 PM

AEM is the best! Why? cause I have it!:lol: most of the intake brands are going to be close to the same power increases. I chose aem because it will be carb legal soon, has a dryflow filter and a box to keep air cool. either way you cant go wrong!

JoeyM3 Sep 11, 2008 07:22 PM

personally i went with aem, a bit stealthier for us socal guys. im not a fan of badging, i have all matte black nisei pipes as well. if an average joe looked under my hood im pretty sure they would think it was stock {thumbup}

Guru Sep 11, 2008 08:21 PM

I'm not a big fan of either. Save yourself some moolah and just grab an AMS or UR intake. Both seem to give fantastic increases for not a lot of coin.

achoquechulin Sep 11, 2008 08:38 PM

AMS the best

ZEUS EVOX Sep 12, 2008 05:57 AM

Both are about the same. I have the injen and love it!

TTP Engineering Sep 12, 2008 06:05 AM

We will have a dynotested review of the INJEN Intake system up soon.

griffeyr Sep 12, 2008 06:13 AM

i have the injen and all their piping, and love it

jirro22 Sep 12, 2008 02:36 PM

thanks for the replies guys...
so far aem is winning... but i wanna hear more input..maybe someone can give some dyno proven results for the injen intake...

thanks again...

Defenseplaya89 Sep 12, 2008 02:48 PM

aem

nonschlont Sep 12, 2008 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by griffeyr (Post 6108766)
i have the injen and all their piping, and love it

+1

steinvb12 Sep 12, 2008 03:43 PM

I don't think any of them will yield much different gains....

It's a cone filter on a hard pipe......

dierr Sep 12, 2008 06:17 PM

i got the aem. i love mines