EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Evo X Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-x-engine-turbo-drivetrain-258/)
-   -   FP Red for EVOX Turbocharger (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-x-engine-turbo-drivetrain/382810-fp-red-evox-turbocharger.html)

ForcedPerformance Nov 20, 2008 01:13 PM

FP Red for EVOX Turbocharger

Well I want to congratulate a couple of guys on how well they are doing with a new product of ours. We have recently introduced out FP Red Turbo for the EVO X and a couple of these units are really shining brightly right off the bat.

First Victor and the guys from BVP are already pushing the drag times into the 10's with a 10.79 @ 124mph, stock engine, no cams, no head work. These guys always make it look easy and they keep it going nonstop. Getting close to 500whp out of a stock EVOX engine is pretty impressive, particualry in light of how much of the setup is either completely stock or stock appearing.

Secondly I want to point out Ryan Gates. Ryan eneded up 2nd place in the Superlap Battle 2008 in his EVOX last week. Ryan has a great racing program going and if you havent read anyhting about this guy yet you should look him up.

Here is a link to the turbo on our site, the dyno graphs are hosted there as well as some links to vids these guys have put together to showcase their cars.

http://store.forcedperformance.net/m..._Code=Turbo-FP

Nice work guys, BOOST ON!

Robert Young

Ph3n1x Nov 20, 2008 01:19 PM

Woot@!

Redline06 Nov 20, 2008 01:23 PM

FP has done it again.. wow. I NEED A X..lol

evokel Nov 20, 2008 01:25 PM

that was fast

RazorLab Nov 20, 2008 01:26 PM

Noice... :)

dcasandman Nov 20, 2008 01:28 PM

I hoping to own the Red soon. Have to see how much damage the holidays cause lol. Congrats on the Results.

MAS2377TECH Nov 20, 2008 01:30 PM

Now that's nice! What type of tune did he need to push that much power?

ForcedPerformance Nov 20, 2008 01:38 PM

Gadiel is the tuner on the BVP car, he can fill in the gaps on the tuneup, but you can see the boost traces on the bottom of their dyno sheet, 490whp on a 35psi boost peak and 425whp on a 23psi boost peak, both dropping a bit over the RPM range.

Chris at AMS tuned the Gates311.com car and I understand that was on 110 octance fuel and 2.1 bar dropping to 1.7 bar over the rpm range.

Both cars are very well prepped cars.

Guru Nov 20, 2008 02:53 PM

Can't wait to get mine on the dyno. Just waiting on my IC and then a set of injectors and of course for openecu to finish with the software for this thing. Can't wait.

SHIFTT IX MR Nov 20, 2008 03:32 PM

what is the performance of the X turbo vs. the IX turbo when having been modified w/ Forced Performance's internals?

If this has been covered in another thread please direct to that thread. I apologize for the clutter this post may cause :)

BlackTrack Nov 20, 2008 05:42 PM

This turbo is awesome! Thank you so much Robert for providing us with such an amazing product. This thing is killer, spools so close to stock it's not even noticed. At 32psi we picked up well over 100whp across the board, at 35psi there were even bigger gains!

The Red makes CRAZY bolt-on power. AMS Intake, AMS Intercooler, AMS IC Pipes, AMS TBE, Injectors and the FP Red = well over 450+ TRACK ABUSED whp on a 100% stock Evo X longblock.

Thanks again Robert!

gsr0801 Nov 20, 2008 05:44 PM

Nice.. Just about the same numbers I'm getting out of the FP RED on my evo 8 with meth and cams. COOL numbers.

t12uspeed707 Nov 20, 2008 05:53 PM

is this also a twin scroll

BigValley Nov 20, 2008 05:54 PM

Is amazing what this turbio is capable of producing, You guys sure now what are doing. Thanks a lot Robert for your trust and for letting us test the FP products. Soon better #'s.

Victor

Jason Nov 20, 2008 07:31 PM

Nice work guys very impressive {thumbup}