EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Evo X Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-x-engine-turbo-drivetrain-258/)
-   -   HELP! I threw a CEL (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-x-engine-turbo-drivetrain/471383-help-i-threw-cel.html)

Evolutionary1 Jan 30, 2010 11:08 AM

HELP! I threw a CEL

HELP!!! Just did a little snow drift and all of a sudden threw a CEL. Now the car when I start it idles at 2000rpm and gradually goes up to 2500rpm. I did a reset and still the same thing it won't come down from this high idle. My mods are Nisei upper and lower ICP's, HKS air filter, Greddy DP non open mouth, and HKS Hi-power exhaust. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

GEOFF[4G63] Jan 30, 2010 11:09 AM

Check out everything under the hood? sensors still connected, vac hoses etc?

FedEvo8 Jan 30, 2010 11:10 AM

Turn off the car and turn it back on. It will reset by itself.

Take it to someone who has an OBDII CAN reader.

XdsEVO8X Jan 30, 2010 11:11 AM

One of your vaccum lines could've popped off I would check those, also are you running a testpipe and no cel fix?

hotdog Jan 30, 2010 11:25 AM

How do you NOT have a like a 50 dollar OBD-II reader? Really? I mean, really really?

Evolutionary1 Jan 30, 2010 11:28 AM

Originally Posted by hotdog (Post 7940492)
How do you NOT have a like a 50 dollar OBD-II reader? Really? I mean, really really?

:lol: I know I'm working on getting one right now. No I don't have a test pipe at all

Evolutionary1 Jan 30, 2010 11:46 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I have this line disconnected, but I can't remember if this is disconnected because of the Nisei intake tube?. Was awhile ago I did this mod. Any idea on this line?

Clark_Kent Jan 30, 2010 12:03 PM

Turning off the car doesn't reset a CEL. Get an OBD-II scanner and pull the code. How can we help you if we don't have the code? It could be anything.

hotdog Jan 30, 2010 12:18 PM

Have you gotten tuned yet? And if not... why not? I mean, besides the "safety" aspect of it, you'd get a gigantic boost in power with a tune. You're running a lot of fairly expensive mods.

Evolutionary1 Jan 30, 2010 12:30 PM

I disconnected the battery to reset the ECU for a half hour. I will try to get the code when I can borrow an OBD II reader from my father in an hour, just wanted to see if there was any others that have experienced this. As far as a tune goes I wanted to get another UICP, FMIC and a test pipe and then I was going to get a tune. I guess there is no short cuts, I just wanted to do the tune once and have it last awhile. I guess I will post back in a hour or two when I get the code. Thanks for the replies.

El_Kameleon_G Jan 30, 2010 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by Evolutionary1 (Post 7940547)
I have this line disconnected, but I can't remember if this is disconnected because of the Nisei intake tube?. Was awhile ago I did this mod. Any idea on this line?

I think that should go back into the inlet pipe. Idk it's pretty close up. :lol: So yeah possible vacuum leak, but not enough to cause a 2000 idle.

skyseer Jan 30, 2010 09:39 PM

bad maf ?

CanEvo09 Jan 31, 2010 09:14 AM

I see you are from Canada also. What was the outside temperature when you drift your car. The cold weather probably yield a couple more psi of boost versus your normal tune and in return your car might have exceed the torque table values.

That happened to me even on a near stock tune. Lately with the outside temp. being in the -15C/-20C depending where you are located your car might have overboosted.