Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Phantom Black X fron HK

Search this Thread

Old Nov 7, 2007, 11:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Time to clear up the air a little:

In Asia, there isn't a GSR vs. MR distinction. The range in Asia: the standard car GSR and the stripped out RS version.

The RS is manual only, comes only in Solid White or red, has crappy 15 inch wheels, brakes, seats, black door handles, and the rear wing is an option (I think) etc. Reason being the owner will replace the seats, brakes and wheels etc. with aftermarket parts to create a track car. The white HKS Evo X that you see is probably a tuned version of the RS... black door handles are a dead giveaway.

In Asia, we can order the GSR is any specification:
- Manual vs. SST
- High Performance Package (BBS rims and slightly stickier tires, two piece brake rotors, bilstein shocks + Eibach springs)
- Stylish Exterior (Chrome lining on front grill, Colour-matched plastic vent bits, front fog lamps)
- Leather Combination interior (half leather seats (have not seen these myself), and metal scuff plates)
- Premium Package (High Performance Package + Stylish Exterior + Leather Combination interior )
- Colours are Metallic Red, Silver, Blue, Phantom Black Pearl and Pearl White (gotta pay a little more for this colour option)
- i.e. all have Recaro seats and I guess the interior is basically the same across the GSRs, except when you check the Leather Combi option, in which case you'll have half-leather Recaro seats, other leather bits etc.

Can check out the following Japanese lang website (babelfish works):
http://www.mitsubishi-motors.co.jp/evo/grade/index.html

Just wanted to clear up some of the confusion... the JDM Asian cars come with a little more flexibility in terms of specs vs. the N. American GSR/MR paradigm. Guess we are lucky here in Asia... but think you guys get more choices in terms of paint colours?
Old Nov 7, 2007, 11:16 PM

Oh yeah, so the Phantom Black HK car is the basic Manual GSR sans any of the Packages mentioned above. These are the versions that hit our showrooms first.
Old Nov 7, 2007, 11:31 PM
Evolved Member

At least in Japan, MR is a 'sub' generation, ie:

VIII RS/VIII GSR
VIII MR RS/VIII MR GSR (you can consider it as 8.5)
IX RS/IX GSR
IX MR RS/IX MR GSR (you can consider it as 9.5)

This started from VIII, so I'm not sure if they are going to keep up with the trend.

I'm not exactly sure on this but it seems like IX SE/ IX MR SE is basically a JDM IX with IX MR interior/exterior (without the minor suspension/engine/turbo changes)