Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

You want invoice pricing?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2008, 06:51 AM
EvoM Community Team

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Wink You want invoice pricing?

Well, now you can find it.

http://www.edmunds.com/new/2008/mits...on=1&x=32&y=11

The MR is not listed on Edmunds since it's still not due to arrive for another couple months.

Enjoy in moderation
Old Jan 25, 2008, 07:18 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
nice , thanks hiope mitsu see that and photocopy on their website
Old Jan 25, 2008, 08:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nice...Invoice sounds about right...but stupid mitsu. dealers are marking up base gsr's 5 grand !!.. so I will wait till invoice prices and the phatom black n then think about tradin in my baby 06 tarmac black MR!!
Old Jan 25, 2008, 08:56 AM
Evolved Member

about time! i've been asking all the dealers for this info, but nobody has been able to give it to me! great post!
Old Jan 25, 2008, 08:58 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by teamnemesis3
Nice...Invoice sounds about right...but stupid mitsu. dealers are marking up base gsr's 5 grand !!.. so I will wait till invoice prices and the phatom black n then think about tradin in my baby 06 tarmac black MR!!
^^^^yes but there have been a few posts where X buyers have picked up their cars for as little as $100 over invoice. Not sure if they were all pre-ordered or not. Call Huntington Beach Mitsu.. I think that's where the deals were made.
Old Jan 25, 2008, 09:22 AM
Evolving Member

Invoice is still not what the dealership paid for the car. There are hold backs and incentives that can make their price a good bit lower than an Invoice price. It's all about supply and demand. If people ****** up X's at sticker price then is unlikely you'll get it for invoice or below. When sales slow down the price follows. Most car buyers are not willing to travel or even shop around when buying a car. Once they are in the dealership and the hustle begins..... they talk themselves into the idea they are getting a good deal and buy at a higher price than they wanted.

Last edited by s2krn; Jan 25, 2008 at 09:23 AM. Reason: spelling
Old Jan 25, 2008, 09:45 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by s2krn
Invoice is still not what the dealership paid for the car. There are hold backs and incentives that can make their price a good bit lower than an Invoice price. It's all about supply and demand. If people ****** up X's at sticker price then is unlikely you'll get it for invoice or below. When sales slow down the price follows. Most car buyers are not willing to travel or even shop around when buying a car. Once they are in the dealership and the hustle begins..... they talk themselves into the idea they are getting a good deal and buy at a higher price than they wanted.
Finally, someone else know about this crap. Plenty of people can get out the door paying invoice or close to it. Hell, I know of a dealer that will give all AAA members invoice pricing. I know of some managers that will keep all of the hold back money on every deal and I know some managers that will throw the hold back money into the deal and the people will walk out under invoice. Not to mention that if you traded in a car they will give you less money for it so the price of the car can drop. People feel better inside though because they got "100 over invoice".

Does anyone truely believe that the dealership only made $100 on selling a brand new car that was only released days ago? Hell, even people that work at a dealer pay more than that. Trust me, on D plan and X plan the dealer still makes more cash than 100.

Honestly, the evo probably didn't have any incentives on it as the IX pretty much never did either. Trust me, there is hold back money involved.... Even though hold back amount will change per car; A little birdy told me the new evo's are around the 1K mark.

After all.... that is why people refer to it as "playing the game".
Old Jan 25, 2008, 10:51 AM
Evolving Member

good find.
Old Jan 25, 2008, 11:34 AM
EvoM Community Team

Originally Posted by richyc
good find.
I stumbled on it today. I'm selling my Evo IX and was looking up the Edmunds.com value for my car and saw this and figured I would share with everyone.

And, no, I'm not buying an Evo X. I'm getting out of the Evo game completely
Old Jan 25, 2008, 01:03 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
^^why???pls eloborate high cost?
Old Jan 25, 2008, 01:10 PM
EvoM Community Team

Originally Posted by si_to_evo
^^why???pls eloborate high cost?
It's not a monetary thing at all. I could have purchased a much more expensive car. Owning an Evo was on my "10 things to do before I die" list...so, I went for it. The car is awesome, but after owning it for 9500 miles, I'm realizing it's not the perfect fit for me at this point in my life. I drive clients around for my job (yes, you read that right, I drive clients in my Evo ), but the Evo isn't the best car to be driving around clients since it's not that comfortable. Not that I have to change, but you know what I mean. Plus, I would prefer to have a car with more utility for all the stuff I have to lug around during the week (and on weekends). I thought the Evo could do it all for me and it does most of the stuff pretty well, just not as much as I need at this point in my life.
Old Jan 25, 2008, 01:21 PM
Former Sponsor

^^Legacy GT wagon - all white or all black
Old Jan 25, 2008, 01:25 PM
EvoM Community Team

Originally Posted by EVOBrakes
^^Legacy GT wagon - all white or all black
I've thought about that. Quick, turbo, AWD and functionality It's on my list to check out when the Evo is sold.
Old Jan 25, 2008, 01:26 PM
EvoM Community Team

Sorry about that commercial break...now, back to our regularly scheduled program...Evo X invoice pricing...
Old Jan 25, 2008, 03:06 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by Markley02
Finally, someone else know about this crap. Plenty of people can get out the door paying invoice or close to it. Hell, I know of a dealer that will give all AAA members invoice pricing. I know of some managers that will keep all of the hold back money on every deal and I know some managers that will throw the hold back money into the deal and the people will walk out under invoice. Not to mention that if you traded in a car they will give you less money for it so the price of the car can drop. People feel better inside though because they got "100 over invoice".

Does anyone truely believe that the dealership only made $100 on selling a brand new car that was only released days ago? Hell, even people that work at a dealer pay more than that. Trust me, on D plan and X plan the dealer still makes more cash than 100.

Honestly, the evo probably didn't have any incentives on it as the IX pretty much never did either. Trust me, there is hold back money involved.... Even though hold back amount will change per car; A little birdy told me the new evo's are around the 1K mark.

After all.... that is why people refer to it as "playing the game".
SShhh Dealers only make $100 dollars on each cars to stay alive, dont you know man...they're all good guys, they dont rip people off

until you get home and find out what you how much you really end up paying

Quick Reply: You want invoice pricing?