Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Evo X MR First Deliveries In US?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10, 2008, 10:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The MR is now showing at the Geneva auto show and according to the swiss mitsu website only the MR is available...
Old Mar 10, 2008, 10:32 AM

The are expecting july deliveries at best and headlamps that rotate left or right based on front wheel position.
Old Mar 10, 2008, 10:36 AM

I spoke with and they will be getting a shipment MR’s by mid April ready n prep my May…
I wouldn’t get a Mr
1. It’s the first time having the SST
2. They been having miner problems with the tranny that’s why the had the delay
3. If something happened to the tranny they will replace the whole thing . Wait for it to get replace with no car maybe?
4. Wont be able to handle the power my opinion

5. Just Go With the GSR Ya it going to have BBS wheels, upgrade suspension but you could always get better stuff just wait...
Old Mar 10, 2008, 10:38 AM

Originally Posted by ggevoIX
dont worry bout the MR, just get the GSR.. ppl didnt like the MR's as far as the 9's, now with the automatic transmission added why would u want a MR X???
my 06 gti is the first of many vehicles i have owned that is an "automatic" - DSG. this transmission has SPOILED me rotten. i can not stand driving regular slush boxes autos - but the DSG has all of the conveniences of a standard automatic without any of the drawbacks (aside from a 3rd pedal). i really want to move up to something with more power and all wheel drive - but don't want to give up the DSG.

it never misses a shift - it shifts incredibly fast - is more efficient then a manual transmission - and is extremely likable in day to day bumper to bumper BS. i sometimes miss driving a manual transmission (especially when i drive my dad's s2000 or mom's MKV GTI w/ a manual) but 90% of the time i couldn't be happier - which is why i'd like my cake and eat it too.
Old Mar 10, 2008, 10:57 AM
Evolved Member

From the recent threads floating around, it seems like the X Gsr tranny has it's fair share of problems too....??? Buy a problem now or wait for a "possible" problem later. Take your pick!!!
Old Mar 10, 2008, 10:59 AM

E-mail last week from Sam at Southcoast Mitsu.

"We will be seeing them next month. I have confirmation that they are on the boats headed here "
Old Mar 10, 2008, 11:08 AM

dont worry bout the MR, just get the GSR.. ppl didnt like the MR's as far as the 9's, now with the automatic transmission added why would u want a MR X???
if you thinks its an automatic then you have been missinformed

lack of a clutch peddal /= automatic
Old Mar 10, 2008, 12:15 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thats a fairly close minded statement. I enjoy the X MR, and the IX MR is one of my favorite cars. Different strokes for different folks
Old Mar 10, 2008, 01:17 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Evil_X

"We will be seeing them next month. I have confirmation that they are on the boats headed here "
I like what your sales is saying!
Old Mar 10, 2008, 02:13 PM
Account Disabled

Their already on the boats? How many weeks out would we assume?
Old Mar 10, 2008, 02:19 PM

I'm kinda up in the air on this as well. Waiting to see the MR before I get a GSR. I've driven the GSR and was VERY disappointed with the clutch/tranny coming from an '05 STi. But I plan on modding the EVO and I've heard that may be a problem with the MR because of the tranny. If I was more impressed with the clutch and tranny in the GSR, I would have one sitting in my garage right now. Argh, tough choice.
Old Mar 10, 2008, 02:21 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Evil_X

Your sales should have the VIN if they are built. ASK FOR VIN!
Old Mar 10, 2008, 02:31 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
As has been said many times, the absolute highest quality information has the MR at the first dealers in May. Southcoast and other dealers in socal will inevitably be the very first to get them That said, they could be here the last days of april, or the last days of may. There is a little room for things to move quicker or slower, but not several weeks early.
Old Mar 10, 2008, 02:46 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by CharlesJ
As has been said many times, the absolute highest quality information has the MR at the first dealers in May. Southcoast and other dealers in socal will inevitably be the very first to get them That said, they could be here the last days of april, or the last days of may. There is a little room for things to move quicker or slower, but not several weeks early.
Yo charles, a bit off topic, but how is the article on the MR coming along? Almost ready to be released?
Old Mar 10, 2008, 04:12 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by CharlesJ
I'll take that. More time to pay down the credit cards for parts, and more time to save up for a down payment.

Quick Reply: Evo X MR First Deliveries In US?