Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

What are your other hobbies besides the EVO X?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12, 2008, 05:29 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Gaming/Cars
Old Mar 12, 2008, 06:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
working out. women. pc games. basketball. women.
Old Mar 12, 2008, 06:34 PM

Motosickles!!!!!!
Old Mar 12, 2008, 07:57 PM

well, saving up for the x...lol, and i love racing quads
Old Mar 12, 2008, 08:25 PM

Basketball, collecting shoes, movies
Old Mar 12, 2008, 08:59 PM
Evolving Member

This:

Yeah, a bicycle is my daily driver. Please don't run me over
Old Mar 12, 2008, 09:52 PM

I like messing around with my sr swapped 240sx and my ls-v swapped civic hatch. both are my fun cars. ironically, i picked the evo x as my civilized nice car to take out colleagues, friends, and girls.

I also like food a lot. Since i live in los angeles, it's fun checking out places to eat here. used to be very much into cooking as well, and will most likely try to do so again. Otherwise, the usual crap of drinking, listening to music (almost exclusively rock), concerts, and travel when I have the chance. Just visited Prague earlier this year.

I'm also trying to quit videogames, esp Wow. As much as a guilty pleasure as it may be, it's just unproductive and just about the nerdiest thing one could get into imo.
Old Mar 13, 2008, 06:32 AM

Before the birth of my daughter(lol, i still have my hobbies, just not as involved as i once was). My hobbies are/were wrenching on Audi's and VW's, mixed martial arts, travel,SCUBA,collect and try different Rums from around the world. Oh, and i love to cook.

But the best hobby i have right now, is spending anytime i can with my little girl and watching her grow up everyday.
Old Mar 13, 2008, 06:48 AM
Evolved Member

^ yea, things change wen you have a child.... I was really into modding and home theatre, but the last 2.5 years have been all about her.... To the point I got rid of my evo and things before she was born to make sure I can support her.... Now that I'm in a very good place I'm getting a GTR .... Maybe an MR Evo X if I get screwed by 1 more nissan dealer!!!

Oh and I sell Honda and Mitsubishi
Old Mar 13, 2008, 06:57 AM
Evolved Member

Golf, lifting, craft beer, and anything cars from track days to car shows.
Old Mar 13, 2008, 07:06 AM

Originally Posted by Shahul X
^ yea, things change wen you have a child.... I was really into modding and home theatre, but the last 2.5 years have been all about her.... To the point I got rid of my evo and things before she was born to make sure I can support her.... Now that I'm in a very good place I'm getting a GTR .... Maybe an MR Evo X if I get screwed by 1 more nissan dealer!!!

Oh and I sell Honda and Mitsubishi

Yeah, it's funny how a kid actually brings in their own luck and wealth. We thought we would have all these added expenses and it would cut into us pretty good. But things have actually been the other way around. Guess the saying that "every child bring it's own fortune" is spot on. Even though we have a multimillion dollar company we were still worried about the cost a child (shrugs). Now we are planning the next one. LOL!
Old Mar 13, 2008, 07:43 AM
EvoM Administrator

Received 135 Likes on 81 Posts
The biggest part of my life by far is my two year old daughter, Sophia.

My wife and I also have pets. My favorite is our seven year old orange tabby cat named Pedro. We have another cat who is a total chaos raiser named Doodle aka Doodlebug. You might recognize her from an old avatar of mine. Outside, we have a 105 pound yellow lab named Torque. He is a big sucker and my bud.

A huge hobby for me is Dyno4mance. Its a shop south of me in Calhoun, GA, and has an AWD Dyno Dynamics. My friend Andrew owns it, and I go down there, tune with him and our other friend, Bruce, whenever I can. We do mostly Evos, Subies, BMWs, and VWs, but we are currently working feverishly on Mazdaspeed 3 and 6 PROcedes, and are vendors on a Mazda website.

Still other hobby is my Xbox 360. I am huge into Halo 3 (I suck, my k/d ratio is .85), and Forza Motorsport 2, though my enthusiasm for the latter has tapered over the past few months. If you want to play Halo and don't mind playing with someone who is average at best, hit me up.

I also play the piano, and have for years. I'm trying to get my daughter interested, so I can teach her when she gets a little older.

I also like movies, TV, and books, have been reading Harry Potter lately, never imagined I would like it as much as I do. I love Lost, Battlestar Galactica, and Heroes, even though this last season blew. I have all the Lord Of The Rings movies, Star Wars movies, and Star Trek Next Gen episodes and movies to satisfy my inner dork.

I like hifi stuff, but can't really afford much. I have older Infinity RS speakers and sub, and a Denon receiver. I have a Samsung LCD 40" 1080i HDTV. Car audio is on my upgrade list before I mess with the home system anymore, the factory Rockford ain't cutting it.

That's about all I can think of now. This is a great thread!
Old Mar 13, 2008, 08:29 AM
Evolving Member

Jack of all...

Not necessarily in this order:

1. Cars (want to get more into HPDEs or eventually racing)
2. Computers (building and networking)
3. Hunting & Fishing
4. Mountain Biking
5. Entertaining my mutts
6. Drinking
7. Eating
Old Mar 13, 2008, 02:14 PM
Evolved Member

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
what are we all gay and on a first date?

jk...
got my watercooled sli rig with 24" widescreen for pc gaming, the 60" sony for xbox gaming, and my rc buggy.

If its fast/powerfull and is packed full of technologie then its my hobbie...

hence why i'm a new evo owner!!! love the car (as soon as i get it back from the shop :/. 3 days, 450miles and it died on me on an uphill slope and wouldn't turn back on. had to make a dump truck back back down the hill so I could coast down and into a parking lot. it was alot of fun! best part is after having it for 4 days technician tells me he can't find anything wrong with the car and can't get the problem to repeat. Well it'll add a little extra fun to driving it: "is it gonna die now? no, good... Is it gonnna die now? no, good...")