Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

evo x licence plate location in us.

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19, 2008, 10:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
evo x licence plate location in us.

I was wondering if some of you guys can post pic of the new evo with front plate location shot, obviously you would want to hide the plate from being published.
I was also wondering if anyone has them placed anywhere other than stock location.
Thanks.
Old Mar 19, 2008, 11:02 PM

front plate? LOL! right......
Old Mar 19, 2008, 11:05 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Old Mar 20, 2008, 12:47 AM

Originally Posted by ohheyitzjon
front plate? LOL! right......
I know it sounds retarded.. But in MN, the police are very strict and its a law that we what to have front and rear plates on oem location..
Old Mar 20, 2008, 01:58 AM
Account Disabled

OEM location is on the driver's side (left) of the intercooler. You really can't mount it anywhere else since it will block airflow to the IC if it is mounted centrally on the front bumper.
Old Mar 20, 2008, 07:45 AM
Evolved Member

You guys seem to be hating on the guy for asking about the front plate location. Maybe that's common when someone brings up the front plate...(Well, what do I expect? I mean you guys can't get over "The evoIX is better than the evoX and vice versa")

Not the point though, so - I think pictures is what he had wanted:

Last edited by 628; Mar 20, 2008 at 07:52 AM.
Old Mar 20, 2008, 07:47 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Do the plate brackets come pre-installed from the dealer, so when you remove them you're left w/gaping holes, or no?
Old Mar 20, 2008, 07:52 AM
Evolving Member

They come off the truck with the plate bracket in the trunk of the car. Its up to the dealer whether or not they install it when the car hits the lot. Luckily my dealer did not. Im in Texas and they do require a front plate here. Im not going to be putting mine on though...
Old Mar 20, 2008, 07:53 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by kidneythief13
Do the plate brackets come pre-installed from the dealer, so when you remove them you're left w/gaping holes, or no?
Some dealers install, some dealers don't. Mine didn't come installed so I had to install it.

And yes, you'll be left with holes.
Old Mar 20, 2008, 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by 628
You guys seem to be hating on the guy for asking about the front plate location. Maybe that's common when someone brings up the front plate...(Well, what do I expect? I mean you guys can't get over "The evoIX is better than the evoX and vice versa")

Not the point though, so - I think pictures is what he had wanted:

Thank you Brotha! Exactly what I was looking for. That plate location really kills the front end of the new designed evo . Maybe it will grow on me..
Its funny, my gf is getting this in a week.. Fully loaded ww or bp... Hard colors to decide from. She will probably crap herself coming off of base mazda3..
Old Mar 20, 2008, 01:05 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by yellowrider
Thank you Brotha! Exactly what I was looking for. That plate location really kills the front end of the new designed evo . Maybe it will grow on me..
Its funny, my gf is getting this in a week.. Fully loaded ww or bp... Hard colors to decide from. She will probably crap herself coming off of base mazda3..
I really like the front plate, and where it's placed. In my opinion it's kind of "the evo thing" - if that makes any sense. And anyway...it's the requirement here in California. I've even been pulled over for "having it on the side." (Long story), no ticket though.

But yeah, enjoy your gf's when she gets it!
Old Mar 20, 2008, 04:48 PM
Evolving Member

It sucks that you have to put holes in your nice new bumper just to have a big *** front plate holder. My buddy got an evo. I said leave it off untill you have some dusche bag cop give you a ticket.
Old Mar 20, 2008, 09:01 PM

After having the car 1 week, I got pulled over for not having my front plate IN MY OWN NEIGHBORHOOD. I got a warning, but obviously I had to put the stupid plate back on.
Old Mar 20, 2008, 09:03 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by StevX
After having the car 1 week, I got pulled over for not having my front plate IN MY OWN NEIGHBORHOOD. I got a warning, but obviously I had to put the stupid plate back on.
It is only a matter of time before it happens to me. The location of the plate I think is actually kind of cool, rally style. It is drilling the holes that bugs me.
Old Mar 21, 2008, 12:06 AM

Originally Posted by 628
LOL! hahaha, the point of my previous post was as a gist of sarcasm obviously to point to the fact that most owners never mount their front plate. Why? Because you have to drill hole into the bumper! Sadly, i think the humor was just a bit too much for you to personally handle. Either way, kudos to you for drilling holes in your bumper! Your ride looks decent. (BTW, we have the same exactly car )

About your whole plug w/ the evo ix vs evo x deal, i can care less... i bought the car for what it is, not needing to be 'accepted' by the owners of the previous generations.