Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Leather coming in GSR...

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2008, 12:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
And as for the hatch on the Sti, I would wait for the Ralliart Concept which comes as a 5-door hatch. I would take that any day over the Sti.
Old Apr 23, 2008, 06:19 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by gizmotoy
I can't speak for him, but I can tell you why I don't like them
I agree with all your points about the pros & cons of leather. What I was most curious about when I said "Why?" is why he said "Its a good thing ...". I thought maybe he knows something more, like the leather isn't optional, it's going to be in all new Evo's. It is an odd remark if the leather is just going to be an option.
Old Apr 23, 2008, 06:29 AM
Evolved Member

well, if you know that leather is going to be an option on the gsr ( i assume the 09 model) what else will be available as an option that already isnt?

Originally Posted by USP45
I went to the Mitsubishi and Subaru dealerships today to take another look. While at Mitsu I was asking a salesman a few questions and he said that an option for leather now shows up on their ordering computer and that it will be available before MY 09. Now this is what he said so a dealer on here will have to confirm but a I told him that I was not buying until I get back from training in Feb so I do not see why he would lie about it.

Unfortunatly after looking at the trunk in the X and taking a look at the STi I am afraid that a STi may be in my future. I have a 10 month old son, I fly R/C airplanes and helicopters and I hunt, the hatchback just makes sense. really like the Evo A LOT, but I do not want to have to wait for my wife to get home to use her SUV. Oh well, I will have some learning to do... Maybe I will change my mind again in between here and there.
Old Apr 23, 2008, 07:33 AM

Originally Posted by xbox4414
They are very small because of the battery and fluid in the back. Also because of those you can't fold down the back seats. It's not a luggage friendly car. In fact I had to cancel my end of the year snowboard trip bc there was no way to haul my board up. However although leather would be nice I love the cloth now.

The back seats don't fold down on the Evo X? WTF. I snowboard so if this is true, i'm getting an 06. Do the IXs' fold down?
Old Apr 23, 2008, 07:38 AM
Evolved Member

Received 27 Likes on 17 Posts
nope
Old Apr 23, 2008, 07:48 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well, cant blame you on the STI. The utility is simply far superior for those that require it.

On the leather issue, that just may be true.....................
Old Apr 23, 2008, 08:57 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by gizmotoy
I can't speak for him, but I can tell you why I don't like them:

They're hot in the summer, cold in the winter, and you slide around on them. The MR supposedly addresses the sliding with alcantara inserts, but you're still stuck with the other two.

The only redeeming quality I see in a leather seat is that if you spill something on it, it's easy to clean up.
X2! My buddy had an RSX-S standerd leather and I had a base with cloth even though his leather was nice and comfortable I just don't prefer it over the cloth. When he would take a tight turn I would go sliding into the door. The side bolsters didn't even help me stay in the seat. Now with his EVO X and the cloth it's so much nicer and the feel is great. I don't see why people hate on the cloth seats so much they are a wonder while in a corner. Plus no worries about hot or cold!
Old Apr 23, 2008, 08:58 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by DC4Dan
The back seats don't fold down on the Evo X? WTF. I snowboard so if this is true, i'm getting an 06. Do the IXs' fold down?
Thats why they make roof racks!
Old Apr 23, 2008, 09:01 AM

Originally Posted by AkumaMax
Thats why they make roof racks!

Yeah but they look dumb as hell. I know the board will fit in the back seat sideways, i'll just throw towls down. I would go with the 08 sti instead, but i like how mod friendly that evo is, and that is what i care more about. That and the STI seems to be a good couple thousand more than the base GSR.
Old Apr 23, 2008, 09:02 AM
Evolving Member

who the hell wants roof racks...all they need to do is make the freaking seat fold down...you don't have to add weight and holes in your roof that way
Old Apr 23, 2008, 09:06 AM

Originally Posted by Rudager
who the hell wants roof racks...all they need to do is make the freaking seat fold down...you don't have to add weight and holes in your roof that way

Exactly. Doesn't the 08 lancer have fold down rear seats? Swap?
Old Apr 23, 2008, 10:16 AM
Evolved Member

I think roof racks look pretty cool, actually.
Old Apr 23, 2008, 12:01 PM

But you'd need another roommate to afford the rack. :P
Old Apr 23, 2008, 12:08 PM
FLK
Evolved Member

Who says roof racks aren't cool?

Old Apr 23, 2008, 12:43 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by DC4Dan
But you'd need another roommate to afford the rack. :P

HAHAHAH. Roommates = lots of toys HT FTW!

Quick Reply: Leather coming in GSR...