Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Changing my Opinion about the X

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27, 2008, 09:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Changing my Opinion about the X

Ever since I first saw the EXO X I hated it. On paper it looked completely ridiculous. I didn't like the shape or the lines of the car at all. Every time I would see one in a magazine or other type of publication I would just turn the page and shake my head.

Well that changed yesterday. I was commuting to work yesterday and a black X pulled up behind me and then pulled beside me. When that car was behind me I could not tell what kind of car it was. When It was to my right I had finally figured it out. This really cool older guy was driving the X and was waving to me. Of course I waved back and then the X took off.

Now that I have seen a X up close I am completely in love with its looks. Everything about the car is just sick. The stance, the wheels, even the wing. I am now a believer. The only thing I could possibly complain about is those dual exhaust tips. But hey, nothing is perfect. I might wait a couple of months and go to the stealership to sit in one and maybe take it for a test drive. To all you X drivers I am jealous.
Old Jul 27, 2008, 09:58 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thank you for the compliments, but Mitsu is the one that deserve all all those praises. Give them an call and let them know.

I was pretty much in the same situation as you, and low and behold i now own one.
Old Jul 27, 2008, 10:27 AM
Evolved Member

It's like a game. The old VIII and IX guys do not want to like the X. I know, I was one of them! But one close look at the X and a few problems with my VIII made me a believer and I never looked back. All it takes is an open mind.
Old Jul 27, 2008, 10:48 AM
Evolved Member

It's the old vs. new arguement that takes place when any new version of any car comes out. You have guys that are in love with the old that think the new is "soft" and has lost it's edge. This topic has been beaten to death on this board.

Bottom line is, everyone will like what they will. Most of the guys that I hang out with have VIIIs and IXs...and I still love the CT9A. When I see a CT9A that is put together well, I still admire it for what it is.
Old Jul 27, 2008, 12:31 PM
Evolved Member

Right on man! That was kind of how my opinion was when I first saw the body changes in the magazine's and on the internet. I thought what the hellz wat Mitsu thinking!!!!! After more research and seeing it in person it's like the next day I was I was signing the papers and riding out in my new X.
Old Jul 27, 2008, 04:27 PM
Account Disabled

im the same way.. i hated it.. then i went to a dealership jus to see it and i absolutely loved it.. they look nice.. i wasnt going to buy it so i didnt test drive one tho
Old Jul 27, 2008, 04:54 PM
Account Disabled

I also must say that I was a bit un-sure of what to make of the car but now I'm ALL about it !! I love it ..
Old Jul 27, 2008, 05:19 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Ya i liked the evo x from the start and once i had enough money i picked on up. But to me any evo is pretty bad ***.
Old Jul 27, 2008, 05:24 PM
Account Disabled

Every time I see a Lancer or an Evo X. I have such a hard time telling them apart from a quick glance. I'm so glad the IX is night and day from the same year Lancer. I am still not sold on it.
Old Jul 27, 2008, 05:38 PM
Evolved Member

I agree!

Im not a fan!
Old Jul 27, 2008, 05:55 PM
Evolving Member

its actually quite easy to tell the difference between even a lancer and a X that has the small wing. the fenders are different the rims are different.. the stance is even different... dual exhuast. Granted I probably pay more attention to detail than a lot of people, its still not that hard.

ps I h8 grammar
Old Jul 27, 2008, 07:14 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I've only seen one Evo X on the road, but damn it was badass. Sure, I saw them a lot at the dealership, but on the road it's just different. They retain the "wow" factor that the previous generations instilled, but without the "wtf" since the X looks more refined.
Old Jul 27, 2008, 07:21 PM
Evolved Member

I think the X is growing on me, however, it seems that the nose of the car sticks out a few inches too far compared to the rear. As anyone else thought the X was a bit long in the snout?

Old Jul 27, 2008, 07:36 PM
Evolved Member

X is hot.
Old Jul 27, 2008, 11:02 PM
Evolving Member

I don't like the back of the car at all...The front with the aero kit is actually nice and aggressive looking...the wing on the X sux...I actually prefer the smaller wing...but hell...why couldn't they make a wing that goes good with the car like the 8/9's?...I liked the eVo simply because of the 8's and the 9's...that's what made me get one...and switch to an eVo from my mustangs...if the 8's and 9's never came out...and all we had was eVo X...I would never consider switching...I guess it is more refined...and makes sense to drive one if you are 28 married or just about to get married...with kids or whatever...and the big wing on the 8's and 9s bothers you...but other than that...I don't think I would by an eVo X at all...for the money its good and all...but I would look at other cars for sure...

Quick Reply: Changing my Opinion about the X