Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Evo care package destroyed!

Search this Thread

Old Aug 3, 2008, 06:27 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There's no excuse for Mitsubishi to not have MSRP in canada be the same as MSRP in the US. Zero, none.

And the bull**** that if you bring a Mitsubishi from the US you get zero factory warranty in Canada only supports their elevated pricing.

In Europe they have a ****-ton of taxes which make cars more expensive than the US.
Old Aug 3, 2008, 07:31 AM

Originally Posted by DrasticK
I know theres a difference between Canada and Europe, but my point still stands. You can not buy a single thing in the States for 100$ and find it in Canada for the same. It takes YEARS for the prices to adjust properly, and the dollar is not the only determining factor. If you truly want to understand take economic classes for 2 years.

You`re lucky that they just changed the bumper law, now you can actually import an Evo X from the states
I've been importing and exporting vehicles for years now. My first car was an Exige which I brought into Canada when there were none here. I've also taken economics courses (that was a few years ago... might be rusty :P) and run my own business. You can say what you want, the car companies are taking Canadian customers for a ride. There's a reason why they have massive sales every now and then to keep the average Joe from driving across the border to buy a car. The problem is, these sales are always on basic cars, try getting it on an M3? Evo? Corvette? Forget it.

You're right that not everything that's $100 dollars there will be $100 here. At the same time, in industries which are as global as the car industry you'd expect to see a certain amount of parity.

I'm not implying that we should pay the exact same price, we have a smaller market and there is some cost associated with keeping a Canadian division. But a 30% markup is just ****ing ridiculous (Look at Porsche if you want to see insane markups). I can guarantee you that given the choice, a car manufacturer would rather sell a car to us in Canada than people in the US. They have a much higher profit margin. Luckily since I have a US business, US address, and a US residency card I'll buy my cars there, plate them there, and drive them here.

Oh and the bumper law was an absolute farce. It was only there to make it more difficult to import and was like a direct subsidy to Canadian dealers.

Anyways, I'm not here to ***** and moan. I'm only pointing out facts. What you said is not 100% wrong, but the amount they're charging extra is way out of line.

Last edited by cokenbeer; Aug 3, 2008 at 07:33 AM.
Old Aug 3, 2008, 10:05 AM

Originally Posted by DrasticK
You're an idiot. ... Theres reasons for this outside of mitsubishis control.
Thanks! BTW are you in any way related to , are a car salesman or work in the automotive industry? Comments like the one you make are generaly associated with the car trade.

There are a lot of "idiots" around here who fight to get fair car prices. Car prices and "freight and desdination" charges are way too high and what you say won't make me change my mind.

This thread is getting off topic. There are a lot of other threads to discuss the issue and a lot of other "idiots" who think the same way I do.
Attached Images  
Old Aug 3, 2008, 02:05 PM
Evolved Member

i guess i have to go design my own oakleys that say evolution like those.
Old Aug 5, 2008, 05:19 PM
Evolved Member

When did you purchase your car?
Old Aug 5, 2008, 05:47 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Red Dragon
When did you purchase your car?
late january
Old Aug 5, 2008, 08:20 PM

Got my care package in perfect condition... jacket says im #19 out of 100. Nice..
Old Aug 6, 2008, 04:24 AM
Evolved Member

Still waiting for my package.....
Old Aug 7, 2008, 09:33 AM
Evolved Member

I cant understand most of what you are saying.
Old Aug 7, 2008, 06:17 PM

Man that sucks
Old Aug 8, 2008, 02:28 PM
Evolved Member

Im #32