Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Sept 2009: Your Monthly Evo X and Mitsu sales update

Search this Thread

Old Oct 2, 2008, 07:05 AM
EvoM Community Team

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Exclamation Sept 2009: Your Monthly Evo X and Mitsu sales update

Here's the latest sales information from Mitsu...

http://media.mitsubishicars.com/deta...55522&mime=ASC

It's a little comical at this point. The press release states that Evo sales are up 154%. Wow 154% increase over the Evo IX which wasn't hardly available Sept of last year

Mitsu is throwing out this worthless percentage increase because they are embarrassed by the actual number sold of the Evo X. They probably sold only 100 units last month

Mitsu overall was down -39% vs. last year. The industry overall was down -26.6%. Mitsu did worse than the industry overall, but so did many other auto manufacturers. It's tough in the auto industry. Which means it's one hell of a good time to buy (if you can afford it)

Evo X sales so far...

April = 364
May = 351
June = 315
July = 357
August = ??? (Mitsu didn't provide the actual number sold)
September = ??? (Mitsu didn't provide the actual number sold)

If anyone can find the actual number sold in August or September, please post it up and I'll update this post.
Old Oct 2, 2008, 07:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm sure the economy has much to do with it. I went to Disneyland This weekend and it was quite empty. Disneyland for heaven's sake.
Old Oct 2, 2008, 07:08 AM
Evolving Member

Lots local dealers around me are still refusing to budge on all their bloated inventories of Evos... I'd love to see how much money they're losing on inventory costs when the banks start collecting interest on their floorplanning loans.
Old Oct 2, 2008, 07:17 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well I bought mine in August, so you can make that ??? a 1 for now...probably won't be much higher than that anyway.
Old Oct 2, 2008, 07:19 AM
Evolved Member

Any way to find out how many evos are in unsold inventory?

so it looks like there might be about 1600 evo X's actually driving around in the US???that's it?
Old Oct 2, 2008, 07:43 AM
Evolving Member

I bought mine September 1st, 2008. Evo X MR, add me to the list for Sept.
Old Oct 2, 2008, 08:05 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by adambl03
Here's the latest sales information from Mitsu...

http://media.mitsubishicars.com/deta...55522&mime=ASC

It's a little comical at this point. The press release states that Evo sales are up 154%. Wow 154% increase over the Evo IX which wasn't hardly available Sept of last year

Mitsu is throwing out this worthless percentage increase because they are embarrassed by the actual number sold of the Evo X. They probably sold only 100 units last month

Mitsu overall was down -39% vs. last year. The industry overall was down -26.6%. Mitsu did worse than the industry overall, but so did many other auto manufacturers. It's tough in the auto industry. Which means it's one hell of a good time to buy (if you can afford it)

Evo X sales so far...

April = 364
May = 351
June = 315
July = 357
August = ??? (Mitsu didn't provide the actual number sold)
September = ??? (Mitsu didn't provide the actual number sold)

If anyone can find the actual number sold in August or September, please post it up and I'll update this post.

What will be intresting to post is the month to month sale for 2006 evo IX compared to the one you already post? i am curious
Old Oct 2, 2008, 08:15 AM
Evolving Member

Well, if they sold 15 9's this time last year, thats what 38 10s this year ?

I mean really, how many 9's were still out there last year.
Old Oct 2, 2008, 08:36 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by spooled_u
Lots local dealers around me are still refusing to budge on all their bloated inventories of Evos... I'd love to see how much money they're losing on inventory costs when the banks start collecting interest on their floorplanning loans.
I never understood the logic of dealers like this. Obviously you don't sell for a loss but they lose money everyday the cars sit on the lot unsold yet they aren't willing to take a reduction in margin to move inventory. I would think volume is a better way to sell cars unless you are selling high end luxury/exotic cars where margins are more lucrative.
Old Oct 2, 2008, 08:42 AM
Evolving Member

floorplanning can be pretty cheap on the grand scheme of things-dont think of them as individual cars on the lot-but the whole lot vs the month of sales.
Wouldnt some of us/you be kinda proud there are fewer cars on the road? Kinda makes what you drive unique...still.
Old Oct 2, 2008, 09:27 AM

i think dealers will actually have to consider taking losses. the car market will be falling apart going forward with layoffs increasing (see news today) , this being coupled with the fact that the cost to finance anything (dealers finance inventory) is going up dramtically due to the current credit crunch(making cost of carry worse). This is going to be a big time buyers market. Also, look for a lot of distressed mid level manager type cars going on the market used (BMW 545i etc..).
Old Oct 2, 2008, 10:05 AM

The same four Evo's are still sitting on the lots here un Upstate SC since I got mine at Southcoast. They wouldn't sell them to me then and it looks like noone else has bitten.

Many dealers are still trying to compete locally when they ned to be competing nationally...atleast since the internet. What has that been now, 15 years?
Old Oct 2, 2008, 10:19 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
All I know is that I have, in the last week, seen more GTRs (1), S5's (2), A5's (1), and Bentleys (2) than I have seen Evos (any flavor - 1).

Just another reason I <3 my car!
Old Oct 2, 2008, 10:22 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by goofygrin
All I know is that I have, in the last week, seen more GTRs (1), S5's (2), A5's (1), and Bentleys (2) than I have seen Evos (any flavor - 1).

Just another reason I <3 my car!
I saw 4 GTRs, 3 S5, and Bentleys daily (home-school-work)

but unfortunately there is always a WW parked in school parking lot... I've been trying to park next to it... same exact evo with the same dealer plate

once I walked to the wrong row and stood outside that EVO for 3 minutes trying to unlock the door
Old Oct 2, 2008, 10:33 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by m0nkie
I saw 4 GTRs, 3 S5, and Bentleys daily (home-school-work)

but unfortunately there is always a WW parked in school parking lot... I've been trying to park next to it... same exact evo with the same dealer plate

once I walked to the wrong row and stood outside that EVO for 3 minutes trying to unlock the door
Ha! that's awesome! Wait, that sucks lol. You should leave them a note or something.

Quick Reply: Sept 2009: Your Monthly Evo X and Mitsu sales update