Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

service change light

Search this Thread

Old Nov 3, 2008, 11:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation service change light

how do i get this sh** off man.. i have done oil changes every 3000 (2 total 7,000 miles) and did put better tranny and diff gear oil in.. what could be the problem.. its been on for a day and a half.... help!! its annoying
Old Nov 4, 2008, 02:09 AM
Evolved Member

It has to be turned off by a dealer....mine has been on since 5000 miles and I'm at like 13000 now. I do all the services my self....
Old Nov 4, 2008, 03:16 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
you mean the interval reminder on the information display? just hold the button down and it resets. if that is what you're talking about.
Old Nov 4, 2008, 08:32 AM
Evolving Member

check the manual-or search the threads around here-you can change the distance/time set up, turn it off completely, ect.....iirc-with the car off-cycle thru until the wrench comes up, hold it in for 3-5 sec (beep) and it "should" reset. If not-do the same start, then push in 3 times to access the menu.
Old Nov 4, 2008, 09:41 AM
Evolving Member

When i start my car.. an amber wrench come up with a some japanese writing underneath it and then quickly disappears to the normal display with engine temp and fuel guage. Is this normal?
Old Nov 4, 2008, 01:10 PM
Evolving Member

where you are at-yep. JDM baby. Pretty soon-you'll have us white guys asking you how to get the Japanese to appear on our cars.....do you think Chinese people walk around with english words as tattoos? Hey Cheng-check out this-it says "Water" "Hey man-thats kewl".....sorry....
Old Nov 4, 2008, 02:09 PM
Evolving Member

yeah man sorry.. i don't have any support here for this car.. in terms of dealers.. and the car is a direct import from Japan...
Old Nov 4, 2008, 03:32 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by BKevoX
how do i get this sh** off man.. i have done oil changes every 3000 (2 total 7,000 miles) and did put better tranny and diff gear oil in.. what could be the problem.. its been on for a day and a half.... help!! its annoying
... do you think the light is going to know when to reset itself?
Old Nov 4, 2008, 11:02 PM

its not the wrench i have already done that...its the engine service soon light that is up in the right hand corner...do you guys think i have to take it to the dealer to take it off.??..i tried to disconnect the battery to reset but no luck...ill search to see if anyone has dealt with it..thanks for the input guys.....
Old Nov 5, 2008, 01:01 AM

maybe a reflash or your gas cap wasn't closed correctly? lol
Old Nov 5, 2008, 11:19 AM
Evolving Member

so...the check engine light is on? I guess I never saw a SES light on my dash...if thats the case-take what ever mod you just put on off.....and check the vac and boost hoses.....if it wont turn off after the battery has been reset...thats not good.
Old Nov 5, 2008, 10:48 PM

it just turned off this afternoon... that was weird..dont know what it was...thanks for the help guys...
Old Nov 6, 2008, 06:36 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Messidona
When i start my car.. an amber wrench come up with a some japanese writing underneath it and then quickly disappears to the normal display with engine temp and fuel guage. Is this normal?
After start with handbrake on.. press the info button until you get to the toolbox thing.. press and hold ..

The language selector is one of the menu items .. 3rd or 4th I think .. press and hold .. you'll see a selection of languages coming up .. .. take your pick
Old Nov 6, 2008, 10:09 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 08EvoXGSR
where you are at-yep. JDM baby. Pretty soon-you'll have us white guys asking you how to get the Japanese to appear on our cars.....do you think Chinese people walk around with english words as tattoos? Hey Cheng-check out this-it says "Water" "Hey man-thats kewl".....sorry....
LOLZ!!!!!!!! That's too funny. I always laugh when I see people with asian character tatoos because I bet asian people see it and they're like, "what a retard." I bet half these people just picked it out of a book because they thought it looked cool, and for all they know it says, "I am a goat ********."
Old Nov 6, 2008, 12:22 PM
Evolving Member

so agree with that....seriously...why I know it prob means someting...but come on. Its a character from another language. I want Sandscrit or Farsi on the base of my neck-ooohhhhh.....a bar code! I want a bar code! One for Doublemint gum-so's I can ring up

Quick Reply: service change light