Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Who all has boost controllers?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9, 2008, 09:40 AM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Who all has boost controllers?

and would you recommend getting it? my old car was turbo but never had a boost controller and i've never used one so i dont really know anything about it. does it void warranty? and can you basically raise and lower the boost as you chose? even though i know you dont wanna put it too high but can you make your car run on no boost and i assume get better gas?

what kinds do you guys have and do you like it
Old Dec 9, 2008, 09:46 AM
Evolving Member

yea I like mine its a manual boost controller. cheap and effective. just be sure not to put the boost so high the engine can't handle it...make sure u get a boost gauge as well to monitor how much boost ur getting. and always get ur car tuned before raising ur boost....

keep it low for gas and put it back up to like 1 or 2psi above stock to have some fun =D
Old Dec 10, 2008, 04:59 AM
Evolving Member

Hey whats up man! Haven't seen you in a while....don't know if this is what you're asking....but I have a Forge manual boost controller on my car. From what I have read, if you dont have a tune/chip/standalone you are probably better off using the EBC (stock). The easiest one to install will probably be the manual one, I'm still a newb at this as well but after a little bit of playing with it and asking around I got installed easily. If you get a MBC and need some installing it let me know and I'll be glad to help you.