Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Retrofit heated seats?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16, 2009, 11:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Retrofit heated seats?

Just curious, I know in other markets, the Evo X can be had with heated seats. Most manufacturers make the heating elements available without the rest of the cushion. In the Evo parts catalog, I can't find the elements.

Has anyone tried this? beyond the switches and heating elements, anyone know what else is needed?

thanks all!
Old Feb 16, 2009, 11:48 AM
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
even the new evo x mr have blank switches. they can be heated seats and other accessories down the road.
Old Feb 16, 2009, 11:49 AM

I like the way my seats are already lol
Old Feb 16, 2009, 12:04 PM

Originally Posted by Hatemy7
I like the way my seats are already lol
thank you, captain useless!
Old Feb 16, 2009, 12:06 PM
Evolving Member

I miss my heated seats in my old car, if you have back problems the heated seats really help in the winter, i would love to add them if someone has done this
Old Feb 16, 2009, 11:48 PM
Evolving Member

Mitsu sells them. I dont think they are specific for the evo. They are a $100+ Canadian. I think even $150. I saw them at my dealer. They told me they charge a lot to install them. So i mentioned i was getting the seats reupholstered (cause it looks like a blind michael j fox sewed mine) and they said just toss them in when they old cloth is off.

So i am just going to get mine redone and get the upholstery lady to toss them on then wire them myself.
Old Feb 16, 2009, 11:55 PM
Evolved Member

The X totally messed up the purity of the evo with GPS,bluetooth and this other crap.Its like x owners are spoiled.drive the thing jesus.
Old Feb 17, 2009, 07:57 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by solipsism
Mitsu sells them. I dont think they are specific for the evo. They are a $100+ Canadian. I think even $150. I saw them at my dealer. They told me they charge a lot to install them. So i mentioned i was getting the seats reupholstered (cause it looks like a blind michael j fox sewed mine) and they said just toss them in when they old cloth is off.

So i am just going to get mine redone and get the upholstery lady to toss them on then wire them myself.
make a how to
Old Feb 17, 2009, 09:25 AM
Evolving Member

Heated seat? In Arizona? Right.

Do they offer a cooled seat?
Old Feb 17, 2009, 09:34 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by kitw
thank you, captain useless!
lol
Old Feb 17, 2009, 10:49 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Gordian79
The X totally messed up the purity of the evo with GPS,bluetooth and this other crap.Its like x owners are spoiled.drive the thing jesus.
sour grapes and jealousy are a terrible thing to have to live with.
Old Feb 17, 2009, 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by solipsism

these aren't the factory parts, this is an aftermarket job, I bet. Similar to the leather package.

I'm really curious how much of the "innards" of the seat heaters are actually in the car. It appears that the switch harness is there, and that the factory switches would just plug in... what I am not sure is how much of the rest of the wiring, relays from the battery etc, already exists.

The factory option appears to have the heating elements cast into the cushions, which is why they are so expensive, they're a part from Recaro. Might be easier just to get Recaro Toplines, except that I'd have to figure out what to do with the airbags in the seats...
Old Feb 17, 2009, 06:47 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by kitw
these aren't the factory parts, this is an aftermarket job, I bet. Similar to the leather package.

I'm really curious how much of the "innards" of the seat heaters are actually in the car. It appears that the switch harness is there, and that the factory switches would just plug in... what I am not sure is how much of the rest of the wiring, relays from the battery etc, already exists.

The factory option appears to have the heating elements cast into the cushions, which is why they are so expensive, they're a part from Recaro. Might be easier just to get Recaro Toplines, except that I'd have to figure out what to do with the airbags in the seats...
I'm guessing this will most likely turn into an option next year for at least world models.
Old Feb 17, 2009, 06:52 PM
JWA
Evolving Member

I'd do it if someone figured out what parts we need, etc. Heated seats weigh almost nothing and makes things a lot better in winter. Great rally car option in my opinion .

I saw the switches in the JapanParts.com catalog. Didn't notice anything else.
Old Feb 17, 2009, 07:05 PM
Evolved Member

I had the dealer install mine when I bought the car in April. I had them thrown in with the deal but was told it would have been $500 installed for both.

Quick Reply: Retrofit heated seats?